cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow Credit service offers credit scoring for subscriptions

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Super Contributor

Grow Credit service offers credit scoring for subscriptions

This is an interesting idea. You get a MasterCard that can only be used to pay for recurring subscriptions and they take the payment out of your checking account. They have a free tier that has a $25 limit and a $4.99 a month tier that starts at $50 and can grow to $600. They report to Experian and they're working on getting reporting going with the other two. 

https://techcrunch.com/2019/07/23/using-spotify-and-netflix-payments-to-build-your-credit-score-grow...

01/2019:
1/2020:

Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards: Cash+, Freedom.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Valued Contributor

Re: Grow Credit service offers credit scoring for subscriptions

For people who do not want to get a CC, it may be useful. And ion theory it sounds like a neat idea.

However, giving this comany 24/7 access to your bank account sounds like trouble. All for what, a minor point gain?

What would a Credit score even matter to someone who doesn't want a CC anyways? 

Also for those who need more than a $25 limit, who would want to pay a service fee to pay their services? While mine are less than that, Netflix and Hulu. More if you can count other "fringe" services, like reoccurring payments to Insurance etc. I didn't see a list of what is covered under their polcy, but the "online subscriptions only" mean it's limited to streaming sites. 

Seems more sensible to just use a current rewards debit card, or just set up the payment via ACH with your bank.

I do see potential buried in there, and it will probably appeal to some people. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.