cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow Credit service offers credit scoring for subscriptions

Estimate your FICO® Score range for free

FICO® Score Estimator

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Senior Contributor

Grow Credit service offers credit scoring for subscriptions

This is an interesting idea. You get a MasterCard that can only be used to pay for recurring subscriptions and they take the payment out of your checking account. They have a free tier that has a $25 limit and a $4.99 a month tier that starts at $50 and can grow to $600. They report to Experian and they're working on getting reporting going with the other two. 

https://techcrunch.com/2019/07/23/using-spotify-and-netflix-payments-to-build-your-credit-score-grow...

70DD1A3B-9DE6-4CBB-A6D9-BA705BE22054.jpeg
Scores 1/2019:
Scores 8/2019:

Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards:
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Valued Contributor

Re: Grow Credit service offers credit scoring for subscriptions

For people who do not want to get a CC, it may be useful. And ion theory it sounds like a neat idea.

However, giving this comany 24/7 access to your bank account sounds like trouble. All for what, a minor point gain?

What would a Credit score even matter to someone who doesn't want a CC anyways? 

Also for those who need more than a $25 limit, who would want to pay a service fee to pay their services? While mine are less than that, Netflix and Hulu. More if you can count other "fringe" services, like reoccurring payments to Insurance etc. I didn't see a list of what is covered under their polcy, but the "online subscriptions only" mean it's limited to streaming sites. 

Seems more sensible to just use a current rewards debit card, or just set up the payment via ACH with your bank.

I do see potential buried in there, and it will probably appeal to some people. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.