Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC leaving US.

tag
Ah-Chew228
New Contributor

Re: HSBC leaving US.

I'm nowhere close to the $75k min balance requirement. I'm only in premier because of the $5k a month direct deposit. 🙂 I'm sure they will move my relationship to Cathay Bank as I am in California. 

Message 31 of 122
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm still waiting for my email/message. Maybe they're waiting for 3 full statement cycles before determining whether I qualify for wealth management?

Spoiler: I won't

Message 32 of 122
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC Mastercard question

I received notification that HSBC is going to be leaving the USA.

Question:

Are they going to be closing my credit card? and or my checking account? or will they be transfering them to another bank?

thank you in advance

Mark

Message 33 of 122
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HSBC Mastercard question

The representative that I spoke with last week said that the credit card accounts will be sold and transferred.

Citizens Bank (RI) is getting the majority of HSBC accounts, with west coast hsbc accts going to Cathay bank. 

Message 34 of 122
FalconSteve
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The representative that I spoke with last week said that the credit card accounts will be sold and transferred.

Citizens Bank (RI) is getting the majority of HSBC accounts, with west coast hsbc accts going to Cathay bank. 

Good to know, thanks

1/8/17 Discover $18300 CL- $1k SL- AU, wife
1/26/20 AmEx Cash Magnet $35k CL, wife
2/19/20 BB&T/Truist Rewards $11k SL- impulse application
2/22/20 Citi Double Cash WEMC $2.9k-->$4.4k-->$8.4k-->$13.4k-->$17.4k-->$19.4k-->$22.4k AU, wife
3/8/20 Wells Fargo Propel AmEx/Autograph VISA $2900-->$3200-->$5000-->$8800 CL- AU, wife
3/9/20 Truist Rewards $11k SL- AU, wife- impulse app
3/21/20 REDcard MasterCard (TD Bank) $2500-->$6000-->$6500 CL
11/24/20 AmEx Cash Magnet $10k SL-->36hr-->$20k-->$35k CL
6/10/21 SoFi World Elite MC (TBOM) $7000 SL
1/19/22 AppleCard/GS $6k-->$10k-->$11k AU, wife
8/15/22 Chase freedom flex $10.3k SL-->$12.5k-->$15k AU, wife
7/5/23 Lowes/Synchrony $4k-->$10k-->same day-->$35k CL
8/2/23 Chase freedom flex $19k --> $22.8 CL
8/2/23 Discover $8k SL
Message 35 of 122
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

So I learned something today.......I have never heard of Cathay Bank until now. Hmmm....

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

On Deck: No Plans Currently
Message 36 of 122
QuakerOatmeal
Regular Contributor

It's so weird that HSBC built a BEAUTIFUL, NEW bank, from scratch in a plaza, and within 6 months closed it down. It's still there, totally unused. I guess they were the last to get the memo? What a waste...

Message 37 of 122
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

West coaster here, with just one of HSBC's cards and no other relationship or special status with them. I haven't received any correspondence regarding the transition, but based on this thread I assumed my card is slated to be sold to Cathay. I just chatted to ask what would happen to my (modest) accrued rewards when my account is sold. The agent told me my account will be staying with HSBC. Could be a misinformed CSR. Only way to know for sure will be to let it play out.

Message 38 of 122
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Curious_George2 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

West coaster here, with just one of HSBC's cards and no other relationship or special status with them. I haven't received any correspondence regarding the transition, but based on this thread I assumed my card is slated to be sold to Cathay. I just chatted to ask what would happen to my (modest) accrued rewards when my account is sold. The agent told me my account will be staying with HSBC. Could be a misinformed CSR. Only way to know for sure will be to let it play out.

@Curious_George2,

I am West Coast'r also. I have not received anything regarding my HSBC cards,

and possible Cathay relationship. Yep ..just gonna let it play out.

Message 39 of 122
rooeez
Regular Contributor

I just got a letter that my account will be moved to the Montgomery Street, San Francisco branch. I guess they are not completely leaving the US? I definitely don't have a high enough net worth for them to care about my account, so perhaps they are consolidating accounts where they may be keeping a branch to service those higher end clients? I just want to get the rest of my bonus, so whatever... lol

| TCL = $370,350 | TU FICO 8: 790| EX FICO 8: 815| EQ FICO 8: 794|
Message 40 of 122
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.