Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC leaving US.

tag
Goos
Regular Contributor

Re: HSBC Exit US

@coldfusion wrote:

Got a letter from HSBC today.  I'm not going to bother with posting an edited image or the content in its entirety, but will comment on a few highlights. 

At 11:59PM ET on 2/18/22 "one or more of my accounts" will become Citizens accounts. 

"Personal account types that will transfer to Citizens include deposit accounts (checking, savings, certificate of deposit), personal credit cards, mortgages and Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC).  All other personal account types will remain with HSBC....."

As I had mentioned earlier in this thread, Citizens earlier touched on the topics of credit cards and HELOCs in their last mailing but this confirms that for those of us being migrated to Citizens with credit cards and/or HELOC accounts they will be migrating over with us. 

Given that Citizens currently only has a 1.8% cashback Mastercard and their version of a BT card in their portfolio I'm again wondering how this will pan out for me, both in light of the BBVA Clearpoints conversion where most of us ended up with an inferior card and in my particular case where I already hold that 1.8% cashback Mastercard. 

So I still have not had an communication from HSBC or citizens , I have 2 cards and that's it and I'm not high networth and the cards are 2k limits one gold , one cash rewards . I find it hard to believe they are keeping me . I guess I will just keep waiting . 

Message 61 of 122
Ah-Chew228
New Contributor

I am still waiting for communication from HSBC that my relationship (Premier checking and savings, Elite and Advance MCs) will be moved to Cathay Bank. This is the email I received from HSBC today (see attachments).Screenshot_20211115-142129_ProtonMail.jpg

Screenshot_20211115-142201_ProtonMail.jpg

Screenshot_20211115-142139_ProtonMail.jpg

Message 62 of 122
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

I have gotten a lot of conflicting letters from HSBC one minute it tells me that HSBC is keeping my credit card and selling off cheque and savings with my LOC now I get a letter saying that everything except my LOC is going to be sold and HSBC is keeping my LOC. I called HSBC and they told me they are going to close out my LOC. I just don't understand how so close to the transfer date 18 Feb 2022 and they don't know what is going on and the letters keep changing.

Message 63 of 122
Goos
Regular Contributor

At least you get letters , I have gotten zero letters . Luckily I don't owe them any money currently . So I'll just wait . 

Message 64 of 122
RSX
Valued Contributor

i just got a letter as well, that leads me to believe the CC will be moved to Citizens and the LOC will stay with HSBC

who knows - looks like Feb 2022 these changes will come into affect

Dec 16/2019. EX. 721. EQ. 723. TU 746
Jan 25/2024 EX. 774 EQ. 751 TU 758
Inq. EX 2 EQ 3 TU 6 - - CC 2x24, 0x12
Amex BCP $35k - Apple GS $21k - BMW/Elan $19k - Cap1 QS $16.7k - Chase Amazon $13.6k - Chase Bonvoy Bountiful $10k - Chase United Club Infinite $26k - Citi CustomCash $3k - Citi DC $14.5k - CreditUnion1 $9k - DiscoverIT $31.5k - PayBoo - $15.6k - Penfed Gold - $19.3k - USB AltitudeGO -$19k- USBank Cash+ -$25k - PenFed LOC - $20k - USB LOC - $15k
Message 65 of 122
sjt
Senior Contributor

@RSX wrote:

i just got a letter as well, that leads me to believe the CC will be moved to Citizens and the LOC will stay with HSBC

who knows - looks like Feb 2022 these changes will come into affect

I wonder if the Premier credit cards will migrate to Citizens.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 66 of 122
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007

Any word on whether the HSBC Premier Cards will move?
Message 67 of 122
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@M_Smart007

Any word on whether the HSBC Premier Cards will move?

@Anonymous,

Funny you should ask?  ..

A Letter just came in todays mail.

(click image to enlarge)

Link just in case

https://i.imgur.com/lgSfONA.png

Edited for larger readable image.

Message 68 of 122
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

You just got that letter today?  That looks like the letter I got a couple of weeks ago I mentioned upthread.   Sheesh. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 69 of 122
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

You just got that letter today?  That looks like the letter I got a couple of weeks ago I mentioned upthread.   Sheesh. 

Yes @coldfusion , Just came today, talk about snail mailSmiley Tongue

Message 70 of 122
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.