Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC leaving US.

tag
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: HSBC Exit US

@Goos wrote:

Yeah , but if you read the website timelines , info is supposed to go out early December and early January.  I got nothing in December so we shall see now that it's early January .

Screenshot_20220103-150039.png

Message 81 of 122
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

The transition from HSBC seems to be as clear as mud,!!

and I honestly don't think this is a well planned smooth transition. JMHO ...

Just wait and see what happens. Not going to react until that time comes.

Com'mon @M_Smart007  this is HSBC and a similar track record to 2008-2009!  Smiley Mad

Message 82 of 122
sjt
Senior Contributor

It makes sense that HSBC retains the credit cards as it wouldn't make sense to just service their Premier Cards. 

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 83 of 122
justjac2
Regular Contributor

Maybe I'm expecting too much, but I don't know why they couldn't provide SOME communication regarding accounts that aren't being moved. Capital One, BB&T, BBVA and Comenity (Williams-Sonoma) at least sent info that something was happening, with language that yours might not be transferred. I've received nothing at all from HSBC.

FICO 8 scores Nov/Jan 2021: EQ 779/751, TU 750/770, EX 763/746 Fully recovered from 5-year Ch13 discharged July 2018.
Last recorded: FNBO Evergreen and PSECU Founder's Card Dec 2021. Seriously out of date, at least 10 more since then.
Message 84 of 122
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

Has anyone gotten their welcome packets to the new Citizens Bank yet? The info on Citizens website changes lot and they had it listed they are taking 100% of the credit cards not it's gone.

Message 85 of 122
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Have not logged into HSBC in a little while, This is what popped up.

HSBC - Citizens 1.png

(click image to enlarge)(click image to enlarge)

Message 86 of 122
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Have not logged into HSBC in a little while, This is what popped up.

HSBC - Citizens 1.png

Aw ... the satisfaction of knowing what is going on Smiley Sad  Clarity along with brevity is good! Oh, don't forget the KISS Theory "Keep It Super Simple" ... Smiley Happy

Message 87 of 122
boosnark
Contributor

The one letter I received was a message telling me my accounts (Premier checking/savings/credit card) will be retained. I am with the NYC 5th Ave. branch. So it's still business as usual, no other letters. 

Gardening until November 1, 2023
Message 88 of 122
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

No letters here. No popups either. It's been radio silence for me. Somehow I got left behind when HSBC claimed to have offloaded all their credit cards in ~2008. Seems like that might happen again. 

Message 89 of 122
Goos
Regular Contributor

@Curious_George2 wrote:

No letters here. No popups either. It's been radio silence for me. Somehow I got left behind when HSBC claimed to have offloaded all their credit cards in ~2008. Seems like that might happen again. 

I kinda agree.  No letters from them or citizens , no pop ups.  I did and online chat and she claimed I would be retained . But chat reps are not always the most reliable . So who knows I guess we will find out next month . 

What happened to your card when you were left behind ? 

Message 90 of 122
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.