HSBC leaving US.

tag
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: HSBC Exit US

@Anonymous wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Have not logged into HSBC in a little while, This is what popped up.

HSBC - Citizens 1.png

(click image to enlarge)(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)(click image to enlarge)

Aw ... the satisfaction of knowing what is going on Smiley Sad  Clarity along with brevity is good! Oh, don't forget the KISS Theory "Keep It Super Simple" ... Smiley Happy

Their latest communique suggests it might be a good idea to download and save your statements, which infers that they aren't being rolled over for later availabilty and after the cutover you'll lose access to them.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 91 of 122
fuzzle
Regular Contributor

received a letter from Citzens saying a savings account, which I don't use, will become their One Deposit Savings...which has a monthly fee Smiley Frustrated 

Message 92 of 122
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

@Goos wrote:

@Curious_George2 wrote:

No letters here. No popups either. It's been radio silence for me. Somehow I got left behind when HSBC claimed to have offloaded all their credit cards in ~2008. Seems like that might happen again. 

I kinda agree.  No letters from them or citizens , no pop ups.  I did and online chat and she claimed I would be retained . But chat reps are not always the most reliable . So who knows I guess we will find out next month . 

What happened to your card when you were left behind ? 

Nothing changed. It stayed as an HSBC card. I wasn't active in this hobby then, so I had no idea anything had changed at HSBC. I still have that card today. Opened in 2005, and still earns the same 1% cashback it always did. I have attempted to PC it a few times recently to something with better rewards, but they won't allow it.

Message 93 of 122
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I got a letter today - 1 sheet front and back - from HSBC outlining key dates for online banking, ATM/Debit and credit cards, Contact Center, and how they are going to handle checks, direct deposits, electronic payments, and transfers.   There isn't anything there I haven't seen elsewhere already but I'll mention that one can call them 7AM-midnight EST 7 days a week at 800-975-4722 with questions.

I also got a packet today from Citizens with a cover letter "We look forward to welcoming you to Citizens" with a personal accounts and services guide that outlines account types and timelines and also a more detailed guide that includes a printout of their personal deposit account agreement and specifics about deposit account types including their fees.

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 94 of 122
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@fuzzle wrote:

received a letter from Citzens saying a savings account, which I don't use, will become their One Deposit Savings...which has a monthly fee Smiley Frustrated 

Correct.  The fee is waived if you are under 25 or over 65, or make at least 1 deposit that month, or maintain a mininum $200 daily balance.

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Message 95 of 122
RSX
Valued Contributor

also i noticed this in the Citizens package

IMG_4575.jpg

may be relevant to some who want to close any of the accounts - you wont get dinged with a service fee while you are deciding

Dec 16/2019. EX. 721. EQ. 723. TU 746
Jan 25/2024 EX. 774 EQ. 751 TU 758
Inq. EX 2 EQ 3 TU 6 - - CC 2x24, 0x12
Amex BCP $35k - Apple GS $21k - BMW/Elan $19k - Cap1 QS $16.7k - Chase Amazon $13.6k - Chase Bonvoy Bountiful $10k - Chase United Club Infinite $26k - Citi CustomCash $3k - Citi DC $14.5k - CreditUnion1 $9k - DiscoverIT $31.5k - PayBoo - $15.6k - Penfed Gold - $19.3k - USB AltitudeGO -$19k- USBank Cash+ -$25k - PenFed LOC - $20k - USB LOC - $15k
Message 96 of 122
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Email from this afternoon:

"Citizens debit and ATM cards are in the mail"

"If you had a debit and/or ATM card with HDBC Bank USA, N.A. (HSBC) you will receive teh same card type from Citizens.   Your new Contactless Citizens Visa Debit and /or ATM card is now in the mail and should arrive in 3-5 business days.  Your card(s) and PIN(s) will arrive in separate mailings. 

If you have not received your debit or ATM card(s) by February 11, call 888-999-4158.  Please note, Citizens will not be able to assist with specific account information beyond debit or ATM card replacement until February 22. "

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Message 97 of 122
rooeez
Regular Contributor

I don't really do anything with the account and wonder why I still have it since I got the SUB already. For those interested, I just got this email...

"At the start of this year we want to thank you for being an HSBC client and we’re looking forward to continuing to do business with you in 2022. We also wanted to introduce ourselves to you as HSBC’s Direct Relationship Team. We’re a group of Premier Relationship Managers who utilize a team-based approach to managing Premier client relationships. The team services domestic and international Premier clients from our remote offices located across the country. Think of us as bringing the branch to you – wherever you might be.

HSBC’s1 global network allows us to leverage HSBC business partners in areas of wealth management, home lending solutions, and Private Banking to deliver products and services2 tailored to help meet your needs.

We will now be your main point of contact for your financial needs. So what does that mean for you? You can easily reach us by calling 1-855-324-5288 between 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM ET or emailing us at  USPremierTeam@us.hsbc.com. Starting March 1, 2022 we are expanding our hours and will be available between 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM ET. You can also quickly book an appointment with one of our team members through  this link. We’re happy to speak with you either on the phone or by appointment.

Don’t forget, you can manage your accounts and make transactions like depositing checks directly from our HSBC Mobile Banking App3.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about the team and how we can be of service to you.

Sincerely,

Your Direct Relationship Team"

| TCL = $370,350 | TU FICO 8: 790| EX FICO 8: 815| EQ FICO 8: 794|
Message 98 of 122
Ah-Chew228
New Contributor

I received the same email this morning. My combined account balance is no where close to 75k, but I do meet the monthly 5k direct deposit. We'll see how year two as a customer plays out.

Message 99 of 122
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Emailed this morning with the subject "Citizens is ready to welcome you."

We're ready to welcome you  

Be prepared for the transition starting next week

On February 19, your HSBC Bank USA, N.A. (HDBC) accounts will transfer to Citizens.  The transition will begin next week. 

etc. etc. 

Some highlights:

If you have a checking account and haven't received a debit card by 2/11 call 888-999-4158.   

You can start using Citizens ATM cards and checks on Feb 19th.   

Surcharge fees at non-Citizens ATMs will be automatically rebated until further notice. 

Enrollment in online banking and access to the mobile app will be enabled on Feb 22nd. 

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Message 100 of 122
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.