Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC leaving US.

tag
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: HSBC Exit US

My debit card arrived today, return address was 20 Cabot Rd Medford MA.   The paper it's attached to confirms it will be active starting 2/19.

Meffa!!!   I know the building, it's across the road from Wellington Station. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 101 of 122
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

It tells you can activate it early I tried to do that and was on hold for a rep for 30 min and she really did not know what she was doing or could answer any questions.

Message 102 of 122
Anonymous
Not applicable

Coldfusion -- 

HSBC and Citizens reps are pretty much in the dark about what has been sent to customers.  No info on how the various HSBC account types are being mapped to the comparable Citizen ones.  No info on what is happening with the HSBC Direct accounts - they are not going merged into Citizens Access.

Does the detailed guide you received in your packet different from the one posted online at:

https://www.citizensbank.com/apps/personaldeposits/legal/Personal_Fees.pdf

Thanks

Message 103 of 122
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

No communication from anybody with me.  Wonder if they just are going to close my CC?  All I have with them.

Message 104 of 122
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Coldfusion -- 

HSBC and Citizens reps are pretty much in the dark about what has been sent to customers.  No info on how the various HSBC account types are being mapped to the comparable Citizen ones.  No info on what is happening with the HSBC Direct accounts - they are not going merged into Citizens Access.

Does the detailed guide you received in your packet different from the one posted online at:

https://www.citizensbank.com/apps/personaldeposits/legal/Personal_Fees.pdf

Thanks

That looks to be the same detailed guide outlining account types and their fees that I had alluded to in post #94 of this thread.

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 105 of 122
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick response and for confirming.  In my experience with other banks, the detailed disclosures are specifically prepared for the customers being converted, rather than taking what it already in use.

Can anyone here who has a HSBC Direct checking and/or an HSBC Direct savings account share what is happening with their accounts? All I know is they are not moving to Citizens Access.

Message 106 of 122
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

No communication from anybody with me.  Wonder if they just are going to close my CC?  All I have with them.

I have no clue. HSBC told me in Dec 2021 that my credit card is staying with HSBC but on Citizens website it tells me that ALL HSBC credit cards are moving to Citizens so I'm confused. Citizens website for the credit card said by end of day my HSBC credit card will not be working so may be tomorrow it will be gone and be with Citizens? I guess we will see.

Message 107 of 122
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do not have any HSBC Accounts today. So ... in thinking back to 2008-2009 when they pulled the same type of action we (account holders) were somewhat left confused and in the dark. Do not remember getting more than one letter telling me that an nothing else.

My complaint at time was, they took care of me and I asked them in writing three times to keep me. No response and no luck! What did I do, closed all the accounts and said never darken my door again.

Guess the feeling was mutual! Smiley Sad

Message 108 of 122
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I have not yet received a replacement Citizens CC.

As a test, I used my HSBC card yesterday.  Had not issue nor did I expect one since the announced timeline called for yesterday as being the last day the card would be active.  

Logged onto the HSBC mobile app this morning.  I do not see my checking account but I do see the CC and its pending transaction.  

Logged onto the Citizens mobile app - I got a message welcoming HSBC customers and while I see my legacy checking account and CC I don't see anything new.  I didn't expect to see the checking account

Looks like someone screwed up on the CC side lol

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Message 109 of 122
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

I have not yet received a replacement Citizens CC.

As a test, I used my HSBC card yesterday.  Had not issue nor did I expect one since the announced timeline called for yesterday as being the last day the card would be active.  

Logged onto the HSBC mobile app this morning.  I do not see my checking account but I do see the CC and its pending transaction.  

Logged onto the Citizens mobile app - I got a message welcoming HSBC customers and while I see my legacy checking account and CC I don't see anything new.  I didn't expect to see the checking account

Looks like someone screwed up on the CC side lol

I have not gotten my either I'm calling as they said if I don't get it by the 20 Feb. Why did this have to be such a mess. The Suntrust & BB&T was very easy and straight forward nothing crazy like HSBC. My last payment was rejected from HSBC in Jan 2022 as they said wrong account it was paid out of the HSBC account how can they say that? This is crazy and a mess.

Message 110 of 122
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.