cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here’s everything you need to know about your VantageScore credit score, plus how to check it

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Here’s everything you need to know about your VantageScore credit score, plus how to check it

For those of wondering about vantage here is some info:

* Select explains why your VantageScore matters, plus how to check yours for free.

https://www.cnbc.com/select/what-is-vantagescore/

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

Re: Here’s everything you need to know about your VantageScore credit score, plus how to check it

Almost sounds like a fluff piece because it doesn't mention which lenders use it. 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 2 of 7
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Re: Here’s everything you need to know about your VantageScore credit score, plus how to check it

@gdale6 Thank you for posting . . . In April 2021, when I received my credit report and scores from EQ and TU (via snail mail) . . . I wondered why they both reflected Vantage 3.0 scores as I was looking for FICO scores. I found myself trying to figure out my FICO scores for both -but- my Disco cedit card account reflected TU. I wish there was a central place to find all CRA scores (FICO and Vantage) for a more reasonable price -but- I guess I can't have everything!

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 3 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Sloppy article.

A lot of lenders trialed VS but I don't know any that really stuck with it as a primary UW score for products they really cared about.  

        
Message 4 of 7
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Widely used by lenders 😂😂😂😂

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 5 of 7
VintageMel
New Contributor

I'm not an expert but I suspect that payment history being only moderately influential might explain why more lenders don't use Vantage.  Or more specifically why lenders generally find FICO scores to be a better predictor of future behavior.

3/28/23
EX 810
EQ 831
TU ???
Cap1 QS March 2017 | AmEx BCP July 2019 | Citi DC June 2020 | AmEx Delta Gold October 2020 | Chase FU October 2020 | Macy's AmEx May 2021
Message 6 of 7
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

The article says they use it...but not how they use it.

I noticed that a couple of major banks offer these credit scores as a free service to their customers AND for people signing up for it... I wonder if that is this what they meant.

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.