Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hhgregg closing all stores

tag
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Hhgregg closing all stores

HHgregg just filed for bankruptcy after being unable to find a buyer  They are closing all 200 stores by the end of May. I just went online and closed my HHgregg account so it will reflect Closed By Customer Request. This doesnt bother me too much s Ive been slowly closing all my Synchrony store accounts as I focus now on obtaining and growing bankcards. Next card on the chopping block is my Midus/Care Care One account.

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hhgregg closing all stores

Time to scoop up some deals.

Message 2 of 27
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Not the only victim of the dot com internet era.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-in-the-News/America-s-Retailers-Are-Closing-Stores-Faster-Tha...

There might be more to it, hard to believe Amazon is expanding so fast to account for all these

Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought a W/D from them a year or so ago. The worse delivery experience ever. Paid for installation, delivery guys refused to install. After talking to them for a few minutes, I decided they would probably blow my house up installing the gas dryer. Asked them to leave the hoses and whatnot since I paid for them. Wound up leaving me a gas hose for a range. I Had to go to the hardware store and buy the right stuff...very frustrating. I will buy from Abt next time even though it's a much longer drive... pretty sure this sort of subpar customer service may have something to do with the store going belly up...

Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I bought a W/D from them a year or so ago. The worse delivery experience ever. Paid for installation, delivery guys refused to install. After talking to them for a few minutes, I decided they would probably blow my house up installing the gas dryer. Asked them to leave the hoses and whatnot since I paid for them. Wound up leaving me a gas hose for a range. I Had to go to the hardware store and buy the right stuff...very frustrating. I will buy from Abt next time even though it's a much longer drive... pretty sure this sort of subpar customer service may have something to do with the store going belly up...

For me, it was that there was never really any reason for me to buy anything there; I was never impressed with their inventory or prices on the few occasions I visited one of their stores. I do wonder if they'll have any good laptop deals in their everything-must-go sales; I could use a replacement for my obsolete 5-year-old unit, and Costco has a couple of nice ones but they won't take Discover or MC and I need to get my scores up some before trying for a Visa...

Message 6 of 27
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

I can definately imagine all open box / display items getting marked down

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 7 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

For me, it was that there was never really any reason for me to buy anything there; I was never impressed with their inventory or prices on the few occasions I visited one of their stores. I do wonder if they'll have any good laptop deals in their everything-must-go sales; I could use a replacement for my obsolete 5-year-old unit, and Costco has a couple of nice ones but they won't take Discover or MC and I need to get my scores up some before trying for a Visa...

I think you can buy costco cash card on their website using your MC or discover and use that to buy the laptop in a store?

Message 8 of 27
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I bought my Samsung fridge from them and a couple of TVs over the years. I hate to see them go. I got a great deal on the the fridge a couple of years ago. The installers were also great IME. The Samsung plasma is still going strong 10 yrs later.
Message 9 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think you can buy costco cash card on their website using your MC or discover and use that to buy the laptop in a store?

I didn't think it was possible to use credit cards other than Visa on the website?

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.