Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How More Americans are Getting a Perfect Credit Score - Bloomberg

tag
OmarR
Established Contributor

Re: How More Americans are Getting a Perfect Credit Score - Bloomberg

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-08-14/obsessives-have-cracked-the-perfect-fico-credit-s...

EQ=850   EX=845   TU=843       0/24       UTIL=$1    AZEO

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your time to read and understand. There are minds that think alike about many things and I really think you need to have the whole package together. I am a man of God and I'm no better than my fellow brother and sister in life but it's nice to know that we think alike. Many people don't realize that your Fico means more than cash. In this time and day we live in about 48% of Americans have less than $10,000 Savings in the bank and many people aren't taught what there Financial track record means. I'm very happy to be a part of the MyFico family and I am so happy to receive this wonderful compliment from you. I wish you the very best

Thank you very much

Mako50
Message 12 of 18
silvius
New Contributor

Depending on the lender, one could argue that you would need to hit 780 before getting the most premier rates.   But I agree in concept, an 840 doesn't really get you anything better than what a 790 score would, other than bragging rights, really.   But a lot of us like to brag sometimes, including me.  Smiley Happy

January 2023: 850 (Equifax FICO 9)
Message 13 of 18
marty56
Super Contributor

Having a FICO score well into the 800's allows you to remain in a position to get the best rates even if you open a new account or 2.  Also for  employment that looks at your credit report, it can make a difference in how they perceive you, fair or not.  It can also give you some power in buying a home or car.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 14 of 18
sarge12
Senior Contributor

The very same actions that helped me get very high scores, now makes me not be able to get a lot of CLI's. Recently tried to get a CLI on Cap1, they refused due to the fact I was only using a very small fraction of existing credit line. PIF every month and keep utilization very low and your score will soar, but issuers know they will make almost nothing from transactors, and they are not interested in raising your limit more just to boost your already high credit score. On personal loans, auto loans, and mortgages the high score is great, but don't expect constant CLI's on the cards you are never going over 15% utilization on, and never paying credit card issuers any interest. The issuers would love it if us high scoring transactors would just close our cards, to free up our credit limits for Revolvers who will pay them interest all year. They actually call us transactors...Deadbeats!!! Only in the banking circles would the most responsible debtors be called that.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

To my friends at MYFICO ,
Thank you for your encouragement to write about more things and well the KUDOS is great , its about helping people help people. Were all in this together.
Thank You, your very kind

Mako50
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Even though this article is over a year old I am happy to have read it.

There is nothing wrong with having goals in life. Hard work does pay off with better scores.

And why not have a place where we can brag or let others know of our achievements.

Kudos to those who have hit those really high scores and kudos to those of us who are working to get there!!!

@Anonymous wrote:
To my friends at MYFICO ,
Thank you for your encouragement to write about more things and well the KUDOS is great , its about helping people help people. Were all in this together.
Thank You, your very kind

Mako50

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thank you so very kindly, your words are and KUDOS are grateful. I’m so very happy to have friends on MyFico in our Community. Have a Wonderful day

Mako50
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.