Message 11 of 26
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: IRS postpones April filing...

@Andypanda wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Bummer. Did you apply already?

Yes, was approved on February 20th with a sub of 75,000 points

A month at marginal interest rates isn't that big of a deal Smiley Happy.

I'm definitely pleased with the news though I don't owe that much this year 2K which if I can ever get these stupid mortgages done maybe could be used towards a SUB of some sort if the lenders line up.  Don't know too early at this point with too many things in flux to be worried about credit really, but this is welcome news from a financial optimization perspective.

        
Message 12 of 26
CreditobsessedinFL
Established Contributor

Yes, thank you for this information.

Message 13 of 26
iced
Valued Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Glad they postpone my refund. Ha!

Hmmmmm, maybe you and all adults in your household will each get a $1000 check until then. (kids $500 I believe)

I'm still gonna Happy Dance, not for you but for me.  I'd rather hang on to the $$$$$ til this subsides.  I'd rather you get your $$$$ and everyone else plus the relief checks.

My refund will be more than $10,000, so a $1,000 check doesn't exactly feel like a consolation prize. Fortunately I don't need either immediately so I don't mind waiting.

Message 14 of 26
CreditobsessedinFL
Established Contributor

Actually the article pertains to an extension for payment of taxes owed, NOT for filing. Although you can still put in for a filing extension as well. 

Message 15 of 26
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Hmmmmm, maybe you and all adults in your household will each get a $1000 check until then. (kids $500 I believe)

I'm still gonna Happy Dance, not for you but for me.  I'd rather hang on to the $$$$$ til this subsides.  I'd rather you get your $$$$ and everyone else plus the relief checks.

Well well @GApeachy . I post and the check came in today!  Yassir!

Message 16 of 26
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Well well @GApeachy . I post and the check came in today!  Yassir!

Woot woot.....time to buy a lottery ticket man!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 17 of 26
CreditobsessedinFL
Established Contributor

Update: Filing deadline has now been extended until July 15 according to the Washington Post as of a few minutes ago
@Anonymous wrote:

I'm glad this is happening!  90 day delay 

Message 18 of 26
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@iced wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

My refund will be more than $10,000, so a $1,000 check doesn't exactly feel like a consolation prize. Fortunately I don't need either immediately so I don't mind waiting.

Maybe donate your $1k to someone  who actually  needs it😏

Message 19 of 26
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@iced wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Maybe donate your $1k to someone  who actually  needs it😏

If/when we see these checks I know our employees will need theirs plus ours to get by on.....it still won't be enough for the duration but helpful while additional relief efforts roll out as this progresses.  @iced "consolation prize"?  ....not its intention, it's purpose is aimed towards those in dire need due to all this strain, so nothing wrong with passing it on to others.  These checks will find their way to ever American's mailbox and only you know your true wealth or lack there of, not these checks.  If at all possible I hope those with less financial strain will pay it forward, then perhaps making your check along with other's in a more favorable position can make it feel like a prize to someone truely in need.  

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.