Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you have a Target Card

tag
notfancy
Valued Contributor

If you have a Target Card

Eek http://www.nj.com/business/index.ssf/2013/12/target_hit_by_massive_theft_of.html

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
maximiliano
New Contributor

News: Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack

Those who shopped at target between Nov. 29 and Dec. 15 watch your accounts....many stores were affected!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/breaking/chi-target-data-breach-20131218,0,3718384.story

EDIT: unfortunately it looks like it's not just those who used target CCs, it's any CC

$7,000.............$6,700...............$1,250...............$1,500...............$1,500.............$820................$750(AU).........$500..............
Starting Score: 577 (08/2012) Current Score: EQ: 675 (2013) | EX: 686 (04/14) | TU: 700 (Barclay FICO)
Last app: 04/28/14. In the garden until 12/2014 (updated 07/14)
Message 2 of 37
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

HEADS UP!!

Hey this might be the wrong forum, but was reading the news and came across this, so i thought i would spread the word. This is not just Target cards btw its any card used on their machines between Black Friday - Dec. 15th

http://news.msn.com/us/target-customers-hit-by-major-credit-card-attack

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 3 of 37
p-
Valued Contributor

Target card breach

In the news:  40m Target accounts potentially breached.  

http://wtop.com/628/3527975/Target-40M-accounts-may-be-involved-in-breach

Message 4 of 37
Surlaw

Re: Target card breach

Have a look at the comments. Lots of people patting themselves on the back for being such smart, dedicated cash users. 

"I use cash all the time, this will never happen to me"

"But if someone steals your cash, you can never get it back. With CCs  you can dispute fraudulent charges. You don't have to pay them."

Mod cut for inappropriate, judgmental comment.

Can't tell them anything.

Message 5 of 37
DaniBananiie
Established Contributor

The crazy thing is you can't log into your account to see if you've had any charges! I've tried the customer service number, and it's busy. Lol
 photo IT_REDDAISY_zps2c12a8e3.gif
Message 6 of 37
p-
Valued Contributor

@Surlaw wrote:

Have a look at the comments. Lots of people patting themselves on the back for being such smart, dedicated cash users. 

"But if someone steals your cash, you can never get it back. With CCs  you can dispute fraudulent charges. You don't have to pay them."

"You people are dumb and irresponsible for using credit cards."

Yeah...  The sad thing is most of them are not cash only by choice.  It's interesting how far people will go to convince themselves and others that their mistakes and limitations don't matter.  Good luck mortgaging a house with a cash only existence.

I like the protections from credit cards so much that I haven't swiped my bank card in years.  Why risk my money when they are willing to risk theirs for me?

Message 7 of 37
OneDay_750
Frequent Contributor

TARGET CARD ALERT!!!!

Check out this article from USA TODAY:

Target confirms massive data breach

http://usat.ly/JJEEDu

CURRENT SCORES: EQ: 628 (12/14/14); TU: 628 (12/10/14); EX: 636 (12/13/14)--All myFICO
STARTING myFICO EQ SCORE:: 507 (11/2013); GOAL SCORE: 700--(All CRAs); GARDENING SINCE: 10/5/14
Message 8 of 37
Darrell82
Established Contributor

I heard about all that stuff this morning on the news. Target will be feeling that pain on that one because i am sure they lost a lot of customers since that has came out... Stocks will def take a hit on this.

Message 9 of 37
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Surlaw wrote:

Surlaw I'll remind you that this is a friendly and supportive forum

Your comments are neither of this and I will have them edited 

Please honor the TOS in the future 

Thank you MJ

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.