tag
CS800
Super Contributor
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
lithium78
Established Contributor

Re: Interesting read: Experian Lawsuit

I hope the lawsuit is a victory for consumers against Experian.  It is fraud -- plain and simple.  Their consumer business model is based on tricking people into thinking they are getting a credit score that lenders use.  Instead, consumers get numbers that mean absolutely nothing and are usually nothing close to their FICOs.  Consumers shouldn't have to go through their website with a fine-tooth comb looking for tiny disclaimers saying the scores are for "educational purposes only", when the scores don't even "educate" anybody about anything, since they are inaccurate.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 25
drkaje
Senior Contributor

It'll be interesting to see what comes of this.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Message 3 of 25
Cloudlb
Regular Contributor

Good.  Experian is the slimiest--hope they get kicked.  Figuratively speaking, of course.  Smiley Wink

Please keep the posts family rated please.  Smiley Happy

MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator

Message 4 of 25
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Cloudlb wrote:

Good.  Experian is the slimiest--hope they get kicked.  Figuratively speaking, of course.  Smiley Wink

In a lot of ways, I agree with you.

Message 5 of 25
ronniejr
Valued Member

Its bad enough the scores were different  (like up to 30 points LESS comparing my TU score from FCR.COM and  MyFico) but the reports on FreeCreditReport.com were also off!! For 6 mos I was using it till I discovered MyFico.  Experian are money hungry, jerks.  Plus score sucks, pardon my french!! 

Message 6 of 25
Pap22
Established Member

@ronniejr wrote:

Its bad enough the scores were different  (like up to 30 points LESS comparing my TU score from FCR.COM and  MyFico) but the reports on FreeCreditReport.com were also off!! For 6 mos I was using it till I discovered MyFico.  Experian are money hungry, jerks.  Plus score sucks, pardon my french!! 

The same can be said about myFICO.com selling scores that most lenders don't use. See this thread: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/35pt-difference-from-Lender-pull-vs-myFICO-pu...
Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure if an actual credit report is included in the price but, the worst part, in my opinion, is putting out money for absolutely nothing (i.e. FAKO score).  I hope that this lawsuit will prevail for the plaintiff and Experian will be forced to put a real FICO score out in the marketplace once again.

Message 8 of 25
ronniejr
Valued Member

yeah I read that too.  I noticed a huge jump the last month in my fico TU score.  Did MyFico finally switch to TU04 yet?

I am also a member of Equifax and monitor my vantage scores the past year. As of 10/21/2011  my scores are very VERY consitant  with Fico and vantage:

FICO: TU695,  EQ695

VANTAGETU694,  EQ696,  EX692

I really want to get my EX FICO score.  Does anybody know if the bank in PA is still offering EX FICO scores?

Message 9 of 25
drkaje
Senior Contributor

There are too many scores.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.