Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J.C. Penney emerging from bankruptcy could save 60,000 jobs

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

J.C. Penney emerging from bankruptcy could save 60,000 jobs

After a court handed down an approval of its sale, pandemic-battered retailer J.C. Penney Co. is poised to emerge from bankruptcy ahead of the holiday shopping season.

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/jc-penney-emerging-bankruptcy-save-60000-jobs/story?id=74146508&cid=...

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: J.C. Penney emerging from bankruptcy could save 60,000 jobs

Thank you for sharing the information!

Message 2 of 5
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Saving 60,000 jobs is a big win!

Thank for sharingSmiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if that also means rehiring all those laid off when the shutdowns started, knew someone who was laid of and spent months waiting for unemployment benefits to finally roll in. 

Also as I have thought the same for all the other troubled retailers going through the same thing, I wonder just how long it buys them? 

At some point you're just going to run out of Money and this new era isn't helping. I have a feeling that going forward these brick and mortar stores are going to have severely shrink their footprint and workforce to a more of an old style catalog type smaller stores. Pre-pandemic people were already shopping online more and more, so now i imagine it has increased significantly. 

Message 4 of 5
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thanks for sharing and KUDO's to JCP for keeping those people employed.  Hopefully they're successful in the stores remaining open for shoppers to come in...or even purchase online.  

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.