Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J.D. Power 2016 U.S. Credit Card Satisfaction Study results

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

J.D. Power 2016 U.S. Credit Card Satisfaction Study results

Discover ranks #1 with Amex closely behind.       Full article here:  http://www.jdpower.com/press-releases/2016-us-credit-card-satisfaction-study

powerCreditSatisf.jpg

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: J.D. Power 2016 U.S. Credit Card Satisfaction Study results

Great information! Thanks.
Message 2 of 10
elim
Senior Contributor

Amex is still way up there, Surprising to me.

Message 3 of 10
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@elim wrote:

That and Cap-1 came in 3rd? I know a lot of folks on here love Cap-1 due to high SL/CL, but their CSR are awful and their APR's are very high compared to others, oh well at least Discover smoked AmEx again Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pipeguy wrote:

@elim wrote:

That and Cap-1 came in 3rd? I know a lot of folks on here love Cap-1 due to high SL/CL, but their CSR are awful and their APR's are very high compared to others, oh well at least Discover smoked AmEx again Smiley Wink

Looks like a good portion of the survey was satisfaction with the mobile app.    Cap1 does have a fairly decent app.   Happy to see Discover top out, I love their CS. 

Browsing around the site from the survey, also found a mortgage lender satisfaction survey, Quicken loans won (ugh), but at least NFCU was number 2.  http://www.jdpower.com/ratings/study/U.S.-Primary-Mortgage-Servicer-Satisfaction-Study/1302ENG

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife and I have the following cards:

AmEx BCE (hers, I'm AU)

Discover IT (mine)

Barclay Rewards (both)

Capital One QS (both)

In dealing with them via online chat or over the phone, we had nothing but excellent CS experiences thus far and hopfully to stay that way! (Personally? both Discover and AmEx are better!) Smiley Wink

Cheers!

CAMailman

Message 6 of 10
Wolfeyy
Regular Contributor

I'm glad to see Discover up there. They have been so generous and good to me. 

"Four more months until 2 inquires fall off."
My Journey Thread: Wolfeyy's Journey/Timeline thus far...
Goal: 780s across the board(Accomplished!) | Util: under 3%
5/27/17 - TU: 789 | EX: 785 | EQ: 798
Discover IT - $11,000 | Citi DC - $5,200 | PenFed Cash Rewards - $2,500 | Cap1 QS1 - $2,300 | Barclay Rewards - $1,500
Paypal Credit - $1,000

Message 7 of 10
sarge12
Senior Contributor

I do not really understand Discover being at the top. They have the stingiest cl(to me) and only 1% rewards.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 8 of 10
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@sarge12 wrote:

I do not really understand Discover being at the top. They have the stingiest cl(to me) and only 1% rewards.

I received a SL of $10k about 2 years ago, currently at $19k, but other than their credit limits, Discover constantly offers either 00% APR promotions for 12 months and/or regular balance transfers that can if you want go directly into your checking account at 12 months 00% (3% up front fee) OR 18 months at 4.99% - thats hard to beat. I also find their agents respinsive and helpful, not that I call often. Discover does have rotating 5% catagories bumped to 10% during the first year (not sure that promo is still going on)

AmEx I have my own dislike for (long story, not going into it) and Cap-1 really has nothing going for it other than high credit limits for a lot of "mid-graded good" scores say 680 to 720 - front line agents are robots, APR's are high as a rule, etc. 

Message 9 of 10
noobody
Established Contributor

JD power is fraud, nothing with their survey make sense besides coincidence

Cars or cards or anything else
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.