cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Japanese Clerk Allegedly Stole Over 1,300 Credit Cards By Instantly Memorizing All the Numbers

tag
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Re: Japanese Clerk Allegedly Stole Over 1,300 Credit Cards By Instantly Memorizing All the Numbers

@GApeachy wrote:

I guess, can't remember I just look for the one that looks like shiny white clothe.  I'll have to pay attention next time I get it.  I buy from our pharmacy, but it's been a long time....goes a long way.  It's what we used to use to tape down iv's and such back in the day.

Yeap! Again, silk tape. I use it all the time, but not for securing IVs. I use it for securing dressings.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 11 of 17
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Japanese Clerk Allegedly Stole Over 1,300 Credit Cards By Instantly Memorizing All the Numbers

...and Christmas presents. hahaha!  I've used it for everything.  Yeah, it is silk, I just looked online.  Other tapes probably work, I just know if you pull this one up it kinda stretches and you can tell and the sharpy goes on and didn't bleed through.  I wouldn't like press hard with the pen, just lightly.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

I hate handing my card over at a drive through or restaurant.

Me too, I hate having that feeling toward anyone. But some of those people just plain look nafarious. And in this day and age, you can never be too careful. As for the numbers on card aspect, that's true about needing for online etc. But some CCC offer virtual numbers.

In response to the RIFD, I didn't consider that as only two places around me even offer contactless.Though most stores allow self scane so there's that. But 90% of the time I still have to hand it over to someone else for fast food, restaurants etc.

I'm not one who can put something on my CC, as it ruins the aesthetic look to it. Just imagine hadning over my Rose Gold just to have unsightly tape stuck to it, not to mention the gue residue left after removal.

Message 13 of 17
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just imagine hadning over my Rose Gold just to have unsightly tape stuck to it, not to mention the gue residue left after removal.

It really doesn't and if there is a little it just rolls off with a little back and forth rub.  But most of the time it doesn't.  We're not talking Gorilla tape here, it's a gentle kind of adhesive.  Almost rubbery, heck I don't know how to describe it but that it's not a strong glue.

Message 14 of 17
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

I hate handing my card over at a drive through or restaurant.

I'm not one who can put something on my CC, as it ruins the aesthetic look to it. Just imagine hadning over my Rose Gold just to have unsightly tape stuck to it, not to mention the gue residue left after removal.

Personally, I don't have a CC because of how it looks, I have it because of what it can do for me. To each their own.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

So you also have multiple bumber stickers and decals adorning your vehicle, as well as duct tape holding on the tail lights?

Smiley Tongue

Message 16 of 17
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So you also have multiple bumber stickers and decals adorning your vehicle, as well as duct tape holding on the tail lights?

Smiley Tongue

That just reminded me, need more camo duct tape. ahahahahahaha! jk!

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.