cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July 10 & Tax Lien/Judgment Still Showing. Next Step?

tag
CrankyDave
Regular Contributor

Re: July 10 & Tax Lien/Judgment

@drmceo wrote:

I was afraid to disrupt the possible deletion process for fear mine would get caught up in some loop waiting for verification and they end up on there the full 30 days needed to verify, or even worse somehow refresh the date verified. I called to see if they could be deleted before the 1st but the rep barely spoke english and was obviously from a call center in india.

I had the same experience on the phone with Transunion with a heavily accented "Angela," except she claimed that the removal thing was "incorrect information spread to the masses" and that they weren't going anywhere. Makes me glad that I didn't poke the beehive at Equifax.

Message 11 of 57
CrankyDave
Regular Contributor

Re: July 10 & Tax Lien/Judgment Still Showing.

@Anonymous wrote:

TU  I checked verify all data   and typed in the box that Neither DOB nor Social Security number are referenced in the judgement documentation.

EQ  I checked verify all data there wasn't a box to type anything in

EX  I checked verify all data and typed the DOB SS # are not referenced.

All were disputed Friday.  TU and EQ deleted Saturday.

Argh, this seems to be working for everybody else, but my TU dispute from *last Tuesday* is still sitting there. *And* the Indian CSR I just talked to essentially claimed that the public record removals were a widespread lie, and they wouldn't be coming off. Like you, I also entered "No DOB or SSN in court filing."

I'm going to request a dispute removal.

Message 12 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: July 10 & Tax Lien/Judgment Still Showing. Next Step?

I'm only having trouble with TU 😢
Only CR with my tax lien due to fall off next April
Message 13 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here with the issues with TU.  EQ fell off this morning with no dispute at all.  I did dispute TU and the results came back verified today.  Unbelievable.  I even gave them the copy of the lien that clearly has no DOB or SSN. 

Message 14 of 57
CrankyDave
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Same here with the issues with TU.  EQ fell off this morning with no dispute at all.  I did dispute TU and the results came back verified today.  Unbelievable.  I even gave them the copy of the lien that clearly has no DOB or SSN. 

Wow, that's weird. I also offered to send in the filing that proves it's missing the required info, and that's when she said the whole thing was minsinformation. I'd like to at least get it removed from EQ, but I'm leery of screwing myself over again. Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease, sometimes it just gets you emergency repair procedure number one (ie, kicked repeatedly).

Message 15 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CrankyDave wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, that's weird. I also offered to send in the filing that proves it's missing the required info, and that's when she said the whole thing was minsinformation. I'd like to at least get it removed from EQ, but I'm leery of screwing myself over again. Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease, sometimes it just gets you emergency repair procedure number one (ie, kicked repeatedly).

I am used to getting kicked by the CRA's but I certainly provided the boots.  It is just so odd what TU is saying.  I would have expected that from EQ and not them.  I just dont understand how they can verify a public record so fast.  two days seems not possible.

Message 16 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@CrankyDave wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am used to getting kicked by the CRA's but I certainly provided the boots.  It is just so odd what TU is saying.  I would have expected that from EQ and not them.  I just dont understand how they can verify a public record so fast.  two days seems not possible.

EQ has been great for me. they took everything off including my BK almost 2 years along with 1 judgement and 3 tax liens. I love when a lender pulls EQ. 

TU on the other hand hates me. I/m sure theres a sticky note on my file that says "I hate harley with everything insde me, please make him suffer"

EX they deleted my tax lien and judgement but the wont budge on an EE for BK. its due to fall off in september. I called 3 times but they told me no EE for BK. 

Message 17 of 57
CrankyDave
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CrankyDave wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm curious to see if it's come off my EQ report, but my free 3B update on Credit Check Total isn't for another several weeks. Credit Karma does Vantage 3 TU and EQ scores, so that at least would tell me if the item was removed. It last updated 5 days ago, so it should refresh in a couple days. I guess I'll see then.

Message 18 of 57
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats to everyone who is seeing some movement toward getting their tax liens and/or judgments removed. I think I am going to give it until Friday in the hopes that it will be deleted automatically. If not, I may have to bite the bullet too and file a dispute because my court record is definitely missing my DOB, SSN and the address is incorrect.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 19 of 57
CrankyDave
Regular Contributor

EQ has been great for me. they took everything off including my BK almost 2 years along with 1 judgement and 3 tax liens. I love when a lender pulls EQ. 

TU on the other hand hates me. I/m sure theres a sticky note on my file that says "I hate harley with everything insde me, please make him suffer"

EX they deleted my tax lien and judgement but the wont budge on an EE for BK. its due to fall off in september. I called 3 times but they told me no EE for BK. 

What boxes did you check on EQ's dispute page? Or did they just come off on their own?

Message 20 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.