cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July 10 & Tax Lien/Judgment Still Showing. Next Step?

tag
warmonger507

Re: July 10 & Tax Lien/Judgment Still Showing. Next Step?

My tax lien was removed today.  TU and EQ had removed it after I disputed it a couple years ago but EX refused to even after I filed a complaint with the CFB.  I had purchased my EX report again because I was in disbelief it was removed but I haven't seen a change in my score yet.

Message 21 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CrankyDave wrote:

EQ has been great for me. they took everything off including my BK almost 2 years along with 1 judgement and 3 tax liens. I love when a lender pulls EQ. 

TU on the other hand hates me. I/m sure theres a sticky note on my file that says "I hate harley with everything insde me, please make him suffer"

EX they deleted my tax lien and judgement but the wont budge on an EE for BK. its due to fall off in september. I called 3 times but they told me no EE for BK. 

What boxes did you check on EQ's dispute page? Or did they just come off on their own?

came off on their own, I just looked on one day and all my PR on EQ were gone. I kept my mouth shut and didnt say a word 😂

Message 22 of 57
CrankyDave
Regular Contributor

came off on their own, I just looked on one day and all my PR on EQ were gone. I kept my mouth shut and didnt say a word 😂

I'll let sleeping dogs lie, then. And now that I think about it, I only need my lien to come off of one of the two to reap the benefits. I'm looking for one final mortgage score boost, and whichever one deletes my lien will be my new middle score. The report will be clean (only baddie on TU and EQ), so it should get me a decent bump.

Message 23 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still waiting on EX.  I did get an email from Experian today that said changes in credit reporting are coming soon regarding public records.    Wait, Wait, Wait.

Message 24 of 57
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I'm going to wait until the middle of next week. I'll start disputing my liens if nothing happens by then.

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 25 of 57
drmceo
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Still waiting on EX.  I did get an email from Experian today that said changes in credit reporting are coming soon regarding public records.    Wait, Wait, Wait.

An email??? Are you a member of experians monthly monitoring? I am and have not gotten that email.

Message 26 of 57
nupey10
Regular Contributor

Hi All

Can anyone tell me how I can look up if tax lien has my DOB and SS information?  I want to verify before I dispute.

TU is the only one that has PR on it and my score is still 750.  Those liens fall off TU and I will be on the edge of an 800 score I'm sure.....

Thanks

Message 27 of 57
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@nupey10 wrote:

Hi All

Can anyone tell me how I can look up if tax lien has my DOB and SS information?  I want to verify before I dispute.

TU is the only one that has PR on it and my score is still 750.  Those liens fall off TU and I will be on the edge of an 800 score I'm sure.....

Thanks

Nupey

Google the state and county circuit court where the tax lien was filed and look under public records. Example: St. Mary County VA Circuit Court.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 28 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Drmceo.....yes I am. I copied the text of the email

Changes to Credit Reports Coming Soon

As of July 2017, Experian, Equifax and Transunion are making updates when it comes to how items such as civil judgments and tax liens will appear on your credit report. Although the majority of people won’t be impacted, these changes could potentially affect 6-7% of people with credit scores. Learn more about what’s being reported now, what exactly is changing and how it will impact you.
Message 29 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked my Fico 08 scores today. EQ went up 24 points, TU 4 points. Still waiting on EX to do something.
Message 30 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.