cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July 10 & Tax Lien/Judgment Still Showing. Next Step?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: July 10 & Tax Lien/Judgment Still Showing. Next Step?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Has anybody had found out if the SS # requirement needs to be full or just last 4 numbers?

If it is just showing the last 4 its toast  and will be going away very soom

It's ironic, in a good way, really, that a measure intended to protect one's identity (showing only the last 4 digits of one's SSN) ends up also helping improve one's credit report by causing negative items to be removed.

Message 41 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 42 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe this to be true as I have seen deletions on liens with only the last four showing. I do have EQUIFAX dragging their feet on one that has dropped from EXP and TU and was wondering if you or anyone has actually seen, in writing, where it talks about needing the whole number? EQUIFAX call center naturally denies any knowledge of the new rules put in place by their own company.....it's pretty pathetic.

Message 43 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

There would  are several on line articles abou this. Equifax  would deny just about anything. They never make mistakes.  As I posted earlier with our id fraud case that caused tax lien Equifax on dw kept verifying it saying Lexus Nexus was reporting it to them.  This went on for months,  Exp and TU had removed it in a matter of days. I contacted L/N they said they never had reported this and had no records of it. I got this in writing from L/N  and sent this to Equifax who finally removed it after I filed a complaint with CFPB. Equifax never replied to the CFPB complaint.  

Message 44 of 57
CrankyDave
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I believe this to be true as I have seen deletions on liens with only the last four showing. I do have EQUIFAX dragging their feet on one that has dropped from EXP and TU and was wondering if you or anyone has actually seen, in writing, where it talks about needing the whole number? EQUIFAX call center naturally denies any knowledge of the new rules put in place by their own company.....it's pretty pathetic.

Mine is still sitting there on EQ as of this morning, even though it's been gone from the other two for weeks. The rep I talked to said the same thing, that the new rules are a lie, so I wonder if we dealt with the same person. 'Cause if two different people there are spouting the same garbage, that means there's likely more. Maybe it's time to look up how to file a CFPB complaint against them.

The first entry in this thread has the specific info: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-in-the-News/Public-Record-Changes-in-Credit-Reports/td-p/4860692

Message 45 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is really odd.  Ironically EQ is the only one who has removed my lien and it was just this week.  Still showing on TU and EX.  EQ & TU both dropped it from my hubby's and it is only on EX for him.  So weird how they pick and choose.

Message 46 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

I couldn't stand the wait any longer. Disputed my paid and released state tax lien with TU on 7/24/2017. I received notification this morning that they are doing manual review. Moments ago, I received another notification results are ready. Lien has been VERIFIED AND UPDATED. Mine only had last four of SSN (show up as XXX-XX-1234) and no DOB. I'm in Ohio. Looks like I'm stuck with this until 2024.

Message 47 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I couldn't stand the wait any longer. Disputed my paid and released state tax lien with TU on 7/24/2017. I received notification this morning that they are doing manual review. Moments ago, I received another notification results are ready. Lien has been VERIFIED AND UPDATED. Mine only had last four of SSN (show up as XXX-XX-1234) and no DOB. I'm in Ohio. Looks like I'm stuck with this until 2024.

This is the standard problem with EQUIFAX. I can guarantee that they did not take the time to investigate why it should be deleted but just confirmed it's existence. You need to go to www.consumerfinance.gov and enter a dispute through the governmental agency that forced them to implement the National Consumer Assistance Program and then you will see results. 

Message 48 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That is really odd.  Ironically EQ is the only one who has removed my lien and it was just this week.  Still showing on TU and EX.  EQ & TU both dropped it from my hubby's and it is only on EX for him.  So weird how they pick and choose.

Me too. Mine just fell of EQ. Still showing on other two. I haven't disputed or anything.

Message 49 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Me too. Mine just fell of EQ. Still showing on other two. I haven't disputed or anything.

Congrats! Still waiting for the others.  It takes a lot of strength to be so patient... lol.. I keep hoping to see them drop off completely! 

Message 50 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.