cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOL! Apple warns not to keep its credit card by leather. Or denim. Or loose change.

tag
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

LOL! Apple warns not to keep its credit card by leather. Or denim. Or loose change.

Apple's new titanium credit card comes with a potential headache that will be familiar to iPhone users everywhere: It can get scuffed up a little too easily in the real world.

Apple updated its support webpage this week to warn customers that some fabrics, such as leather and denim, could cause permanent discoloration to the Apple Card. That damage won't wash off.

Apple also advises against placing the card in a wallet slot that already has a different credit card, so it doesn't get scratched. And the company says customers should not store their Apple Card in a pocket or bag with loose change, keys or "other potentially abrasive objects."

"If your titanium Apple Card comes into contact with hard surfaces or materials, it's possible that the coating can be damaged," Apple said on its website.

The bottom line: The Apple Card probably shouldn't touch anything.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Ardecko
Frequent Contributor

Re: LOL! Apple warns not to keep its credit card by leather. Or denim. Or loose change.

Quick, someone needs to fill this space with an appropriate "you're ...-ing it wrong" statement
2017-09-09 FICO 08: EQ 677, TU 640, EX 705
2020-02-07 FICO 08: TU 789
2020-02-10 FICO 08: EX 752

Gardening, mostly, again until... soon(I need to replace my car)

Message 2 of 15
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: LOL! Apple warns not to keep its credit card by leather. Or denim. Or loose change.

@Ardecko wrote:
Quick, someone needs to fill this space with an appropriate "you're ...-ing it wrong" statement

Won't be me! I never owned or wanted to own any Apple product. My employer providing me with a iPhone earlier this year only reaffirmed my attitude that I made the right choice in choosing Android several years ago, it's actually annoying to use an iPhone after using Android.

@RicHoweI would re-phrase it as: "The bottom line: The Apple Card probably shouldn't be touched by anyone."

Message 3 of 15
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@RicHowe wrote:

The bottom line: The Apple Card probably shouldn't touch anything.

(Well that's one way to be set apart)  Apple's "Edsel", lol!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 4 of 15
VPExecutive
Frequent Contributor

Who cares. It's a very solid hunk of metal and if it's a little discolored, it's still better looking than most cards out there. 

Message 5 of 15
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@VPExecutive wrote:

Who cares. It's a very solid hunk of metal and if it's a little discolored, it's still better looking than most cards out there. 

YEAH lol. Apple fans for the win. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apple will probably start making a new wallet specially designed for "holding and protecting the Apple credit card" and sell it at 10x a regular wallet costs.

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Someone already shot it with a gun...so I’ll take my chances with denim

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wug1hDD9h08

Message 8 of 15
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have to admit that this was an entertaining video. They’re lucky the bullet didn’t have a violent ricochet lol 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 9 of 15
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have to admit that this was an entertaining video. They’re lucky the bullet didn’t have a violent ricochet lol 

That was interesting, I subscribed to see what the .380 caliber does, I have a .22 and they're not very powerful.

And a reaction I had is with that Apple card in your wallet you're going to have to take your wallet our of your pocket and put in the tray going through airport security. But on the other hand, good protection against getting shot in the butt . . .

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.