Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lenders Allegedly Suspending Balance Transfer Offers

tag
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: Lenders Allegedly Suspending Balance Transfer Offers

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Looks like the Everyday card is coming off my want list, at least for now. BT was the only reason I wanted it.

Looks like I got in just in time. Crazy.

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 11 of 18
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Looks like the Everyday card is coming off my want list, at least for now. BT was the only reason I wanted it.

@pinkandgrey, You sure didSmiley Happy

Message 12 of 18
yapsalot
Regular Contributor

Amex stops balance transfer offers entirely while others cutback on them

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex stops balance transfer offers entirely while others cutback on them

That doesn't surprise me at all, coming from Amex. The're not fond of traditional balances in the first place, so why would they be eager to aquire a blance from another bank?

I am curious to see how the whole industry changes due to this, it is afterall a very different situation that your typical recession. How do you restore jobs in an era where any physical contact is seens as taboo. 

Message 14 of 18
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

I'm not sweating it. I just got Navy Platinum so I don't need a BT card at this point. I can't even maximize the intro BT offer because I haven't spent enough and I'm getting anxiety over letting a large balance post and paying off over time.

Message 15 of 18
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That doesn't surprise me at all, coming from Amex. The're not fond of traditional balances in the first place, so why would they be eager to aquire a blance from another bank?

I am curious to see how the whole industry changes due to this, it is afterall a very different situation that your typical recession. How do you restore jobs in an era where any physical contact is seens as taboo. 

Amex is definitely a "Transactor" if you will .. Money from swipes, AF's & possibly some high APR interestSmiley Wink

Message 16 of 18
icednightpaper
Regular Contributor

Local CU's can be the victor here, I got one with a low fixed APR (not unlike Navy for a lot of you around here), and one that offers unlimited 0% transfers. They implemented it just last year so I doubt they want to undermine everyone by suspending the feature now.

Regardless, I wonder how long it'll take for banks to start offering them en masse again. I doubt it'll be too soon after things settle down finally.
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm still getting the Disco offers, but that's literally all I've used my card for in the last year or two.

In 4-5 years, I've taken and paid off a good half dozen BTs from them - perhaps that history plays a part. 

I just wish I had a higher limit with them. I'd like the flexibility of using another offer from them, but I'm at 26% util and don't want to move into a higher bracket until I've closed on my house.

My closing keeps getting delayed and I'm actually paying standard interest on some balances because I don't want to upset the apple cart (and am hoarding cash like mad and paying only minimums up until closing.)

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.