Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LifeLock Security Bug Puts Millions of Customer Emails at Risk

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

LifeLock Security Bug Puts Millions of Customer Emails at Risk

Not sure exactly where this needs to go. If it shouldn't be posted, mod please delete.

https://www.experian.com/blogs/ask-experian/lifelock-security-bug-puts-millions-of-customer-emails-a...

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: LifeLock Security Bug Puts Millions of Customer Emails at Risk

sjrn ... great day brightner Smiley Mad Appreciate the "heads up" as I was totally unaware.

Message 2 of 6
arkane
Established Contributor

Now I feel obligated to provide as many fake login credentials as I can if I ever receive a phising email. Smiley Very Happy

Speaking of which, there has to be a way to automate this. Even if it's blatantly obvious the credentials are fake, you can still swamp them if you generate a massive enough volume. 

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 3 of 6
Save-n-Invest
Established Contributor

Lifelock is the front end of Transunion. I'm not surprised. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Isn't it ironic?  😼

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have always found LifeLock to be a strange company that never offered what you paid for to begin with.  That being said, I had once joined LIfeLock for the trial.  I still get offers in the mail telling me that "I'm missed..." and I can enjoy a $20 VISA card or something like that.  They go in the shredder every time, but this cannot bode well for the company.

I don't like that their customer's were put at risk, but I do find it kind of funny (and silly...) that LifeLock got hacked.  🙉

Stay vigilant because nobody else will do it for you...  👍

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

TBH, I never thought it was worth it anyways. Why have all your financial info stored in one place, for that eventual hack? 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.