Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Look who's jumping into the credit card business!😁

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Look who's jumping into the credit card business!😁

Goldman Sachs

They need to step up their game if they want to run with the big Dawgs!

I get loan offers from these guys once a month. Let's see if they are as aggressive with credit cards. I welcome the competition.

https://www-bloomberg-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2018-05-08/gold...

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Look who's jumping into the credit card business!😁

My wife and I get Marcus loan offers at least weekly.  I will say, I've been happy with the Marcus high yield savings account...simple website, easy to navigate, no issues there.

I'd be open to trying a card from them, as long as it's a competitive product.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

A wise Man once said, pick one thing and do it well. I think they should concentrate on Loans.

While getting ino the CC Game could lead to more profitability with fees and interest etc. It is a little late in the game, and that game is very competitive. They would have to offer a unique and worthy product, all during what seems like a decline in rewards and benefits era.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

A wise Man once said, pick one thing and do it well. I think they should concentrate on Loans.

While getting ino the CC Game could lead to more profitability with fees and interest etc. It is a little late in the game, and that game is very competitive. They would have to offer a unique and worthy product, all during what seems like a decline in rewards and benefits era.

The wisest are those who can identify those who do one thing well to lead a department to excel at that thing, then pick another who excells at something else to do the same for another department and so on, so forth.  History is littered with billionaires who excel with such vision.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to imagine that a CC division within Marcus would prove a lucritive funnel into the lending side.  Smart move.  With rewards in a declining state, customer acquisition becomes less expensive.  Also, as the new player, they wouldn't have the default rates of the more mature lenders impacting their ability to offer better rewards.  

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.