Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Man Has 1,500 Credit Cards and a Near Perfect Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Man Has 1,500 Credit Cards and a Near Perfect Score

This was a well talked about article in 2016 when it was published. Bet there are some good follow up articles out there also...

Message 11 of 18
trusty
Frequent Contributor

One thing we know for sure, is that the days of racking up hundreds, much less thousands of credit cards are long gone. This was a time when other banks didn't care about micromanaging the data from other banks. Not so, anymore. If you have so much as a hair trigger on apps, you better be ready for some AA.

I would love to get a hold of this guy's credit file though, to see how many cards are actually open and current. Would be good to set the record straight.

Message 12 of 18
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@mitchblue wrote:

He's going to need a bigger wallet.

Wallet, heck I was thinking the more classic adaptation: "he's going to need a bigger boat."

I never really tried this but it still appears to be valid, just sign up for X number of Google accounts, put some silly charge on their cloud platform (you can get 1 GB for something like $0.01/month), set it to autopay, and call it good.

Bonus points for scripting out deleting the disk and readding it every six to twelve months, and then repeat ad naseum.

At that point, 1500 cards, all maintained active in the best case 12 month scenario for $15 annually.  AKA lower than most AF's.

I actually may go do that this weekend on some cards I have sock drawered anyway just for S+G.

        
Message 13 of 18
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@mitchblue wrote:

He's going to need a bigger wallet.

Wallet, heck I was thinking the more classic adaptation: "he's going to need a bigger boat."

That's what I was going after, the Jaws refrence,

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 14 of 18
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Id hate to be the UW for this guy. I can see the UW team doing Rock, paper, scissors, LOL!!

Could you imagine if one of the UW from PF (the notorious Egyptian CU)  got ahold of his report, LOLOL Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

1,500?     15 is enough to keep track of for me!

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

" he could register all his major cards (VISA, MC, Amex, or Discover) with Amazon"

if he would just register them on my Amazon Account, I'd be happy to help in that processSmiley Wink

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

If the article is accurate, which I doubt, the average credit limit is only $1135.

That was exactly my thought when i read that.

My second thought being how many shopping carts does Comentity have?

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.