Gmood1
Super Contributor

MasterCard's new card with finger print scanner

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MasterCard's new card with finger print scanner

Gmood1 nice find! Now I know it is time to return to the "gangster era" and file my finger prints Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 21
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: MasterCard's new card with finger print scanner

@Anonymous wrote:
Gmood1 nice find! Now I know it is time to return to the "gangster era" and file my finger prints Smiley Wink

Lol... I may have to do the same.😉

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

MasterCard Testing Chip-And-Fingerprint Payment Verification

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MasterCard Testing Chip-And-Fingerprint Payment Verification

In theory it sounds great. I just see so many problems with this though. First of which being how well it works in day to day use. What happens when it fails? Are you going to now have to follow your waiter at the restaurant you're at to their spot in the back area to enter your fingerprint so the card works? Etc etc etc. The chip thing has been a pain just from the wait time at the register at most places. Then, there are lots of stores who still don't even use the chip. Seems like a nightmare. I get they're trying to protect their money (even though they will push it as added security for us lol) but I don't want to be inconvenienced by it so...

Message 5 of 21
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Well, well. This doesnt impress me at all and I doubt I would ever use such just another way to control the masses.

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rmm140 wrote:

In theory it sounds great. I just see so many problems with this though. First of which being how well it works in day to day use. What happens when it fails? Are you going to now have to follow your waiter at the restaurant you're at to their spot in the back area to enter your fingerprint so the card works? Etc etc etc. The chip thing has been a pain just from the wait time at the register at most places. Then, there are lots of stores who still don't even use the chip. Seems like a nightmare. I get they're trying to protect their money (even though they will push it as added security for us lol) but I don't want to be inconvenienced by it so...

In theory restaurants are supposed to get the portable wireless terminals like in other countries, but that hasn't happened (and likely won't happen in nearly as large numbers as it should). Based on the equipment I've seen installed at restaurants around here, I suspect we'll transition to a mostly pay at the front model and still not bother with wireless terminals if we ever go beyond chip and signature.

Message 7 of 21
kugel
Valued Contributor
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

Well, well. This doesnt impress me at all and I doubt I would ever use such just another way to control the masses.

Hmm ... give this one year or two before it disappears into that great unknown Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

MasterCard launches biometric fingerprint Scanner on card

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.