cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mastercard designs cards to aid the visually impared.

ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Mastercard designs cards to aid the visually impared.

MC is looking to add specific shaped notches in their cards in the future to aid the visually impaired in selecting between credit, debit and pre-paid cards.

https://www.npr.org/2021/11/02/1051365892/mastercard-unveils-new-card-feature-to-help-blind-customer...

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Mastercard designs cards to aid the visually impared.

This reminds me that I haven't seen @blindambition around here in quite some time....

Message 2 of 5
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@cashorcharge wrote:

This reminds me that I haven't seen @blindambition around here in quite some time....

That's actually who I was thinking about when I read this article... 

Message 3 of 5
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

@ChargedUp wrote:

MC is looking to add specific shaped notches in their cards in the future to aid the visually impaired in selecting between credit, debit and pre-paid cards.

https://www.npr.org/2021/11/02/1051365892/mastercard-unveils-new-card-feature-to-help-blind-customer...

That's nice. Discover has had a Braille card for a long time. Hopefully, all the CC companies will move to a standard, uniform model for cards for visually impaired customers.

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 4 of 5
addision
Valued Member

Wouldn't the raised digits of the card be enough to tell them what card they are using?

I know CC Companies are taking away the raised digits, but I would have thought they would be a benefit to someone who was blind. If that is the case, then they have a system they have been using for 50 years that would work.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.