cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mastercard designs cards to aid the visually impared.

ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Mastercard designs cards to aid the visually impared.

MC is looking to add specific shaped notches in their cards in the future to aid the visually impaired in selecting between credit, debit and pre-paid cards.

https://www.npr.org/2021/11/02/1051365892/mastercard-unveils-new-card-feature-to-help-blind-customer...

AODFCU 3% Visa ($10K), Amex PRG (NPSL), Amex Blue Cash ($27K), Amex Simply Cash+ ($4K), Amex Business Cash ($22.5K), Discover ($29.7K), Cap 1 Union Plus MC ($2750), Chase FU Visa Sig ($12K), Chase F Visa Sig ($8.3K), Chase CSP Visa Sig($6.5K), FCB/Elan Rewards Visa Sig($15K), Buckle ($1.3K), BofA AAA Rewards ($84.5K), Paypal credit ($10K), BBVA Clearpoints ($7.5K), Cap 1 Savor ($13K), PenFed PCR ($5K), Bank of the West CB MC ($3K), PNC Cash Rewards ($14K), NASAFCU Rewards Visa ($20K), BOC/Elan Max Cash MC ($25K), BoA Business Customized Cash Rewards MC ($8k), Chase Amazon Visa ($35K)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
cashorcharge
Senior Contributor

Re: Mastercard designs cards to aid the visually impared.

This reminds me that I haven't seen @blindambition around here in quite some time....

Message 2 of 4
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@cashorcharge wrote:

This reminds me that I haven't seen @blindambition around here in quite some time....

That's actually who I was thinking about when I read this article... 

AODFCU 3% Visa ($10K), Amex PRG (NPSL), Amex Blue Cash ($27K), Amex Simply Cash+ ($4K), Amex Business Cash ($22.5K), Discover ($29.7K), Cap 1 Union Plus MC ($2750), Chase FU Visa Sig ($12K), Chase F Visa Sig ($8.3K), Chase CSP Visa Sig($6.5K), FCB/Elan Rewards Visa Sig($15K), Buckle ($1.3K), BofA AAA Rewards ($84.5K), Paypal credit ($10K), BBVA Clearpoints ($7.5K), Cap 1 Savor ($13K), PenFed PCR ($5K), Bank of the West CB MC ($3K), PNC Cash Rewards ($14K), NASAFCU Rewards Visa ($20K), BOC/Elan Max Cash MC ($25K), BoA Business Customized Cash Rewards MC ($8k), Chase Amazon Visa ($35K)
Message 3 of 4
SoCalGardener
Established Contributor

@ChargedUp wrote:

MC is looking to add specific shaped notches in their cards in the future to aid the visually impaired in selecting between credit, debit and pre-paid cards.

https://www.npr.org/2021/11/02/1051365892/mastercard-unveils-new-card-feature-to-help-blind-customer...

That's nice. Discover has had a Braille card for a long time. Hopefully, all the CC companies will move to a standard, uniform model for cards for visually impaired customers.

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardAmerican Express Platinum CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver Visa CardCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards CardSynchrony Home Card
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.