Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Michigan approves creation of first gay credit union

tag
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Re: Michigan approves creation of first gay credit union

@Anonymous wrote:

The website changed. It’s https://superbiaservices.com/ now. That would explain the broken certificate.

@Medic981 can you update the first post? Smiley Happy

Done!

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 21 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chartered in a state with declining gay civil rights? No thanks.

Message 22 of 50
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Please note that it's fine to discuss the new credit union as well as its focus and mission but we must leave politics out of the conversation... this isn't the place for that and it's against the rules anyway.

--UB

Message 23 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got an email from them. 

3745D7D8-A054-47DF-91AE-F8E68CF64023.jpeg

4D213C09-2A75-4643-9255-56244DF8FDEF.jpeg

I went ahead and registered. I'm curious to see where this goes and I like the foundation's purpose as well. If this is properly managed, they have a strong chance of being extremely successful. 

ETA: Also, the website has changed again, it's superbia.org now. Can we get another site link update @Medic981? Superbiaservices throws a certificate error before forwarding to superbia.org 

Message 24 of 50
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Omg! I am living for their website. 🏳️‍🌈 And the name Superbia is everything! 🌈

I just might need to get on the list 😻

Message 25 of 50
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

I still got an expired certificate warning when i clicked the link on Firefox (They need to get their tech dept. in line!) I checked it out anyways and it seems like it's going to be the real deal. Now they only need to offer a 3% CB card icon_mrgreen.gif.

They would do well to open up/advertise over here in the SF Bay area. Their membership would likely increase exponentially and the LGBTQ community over here is quite entrepreneurial and strong financially.

Message 26 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChargedUp wrote:

I still got an expired certificate warning when i clicked the link on Firefox (They need to get their tech dept. in line!) I checked it out anyways and it seems like it's going to be the real deal. Now they only need to offer a 3% CB card icon_mrgreen.gif.

They would do well to open up/advertise over here in the SF Bay area. Their membership would likely increase exponentially and the LGBTQ community over here is quite entrepreneurial and strong financially.

That's because the site changed to  superbia.org now and it hasn't been updated in the OP. 

The CU is open to everyone who joins the foundation, which is free. I imagine word will spread like wildfire once they open later this year. 

Message 27 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm interested to see where this goes, but after chasing checking/savings SUBs for years, I feel like I finally have my # of accounts in manageable place. I think I had 7 checking and 5 savings accounts at one time . . . . 

Like a previous poster mentioned, I've been lucky enough to never encounter homophobia from my financial institutions but I've also lived in NYC for a decade where nobody bats an eyelash. (Has to be my favorite part of living here.)

I'm buying a house in my small hometown in FL and will give folks there credit  - no weirdness there either. We're just asked if we want separate checks at restaurants and chuckle to ourselves and say one is fine.

Message 28 of 50
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That's because the site changed to  superbia.org now and it hasn't been updated in the OP. 

If I were a superhero, I would want to be from SUPERRRRRRRRBIA!

Spider Man Dance GIF - SpiderMan Dance SuperHero - Discover ...

Message 29 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lhcole77 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If I were a superhero, I would want to be from SUPERRRRRRRRBIA!

Spider Man Dance GIF - SpiderMan Dance SuperHero - Discover ...

smiley-laughing021.gifsmiley-laughing021.gifsmiley-laughing021.gif

My brain likes to remix Rihanna's "Disturbia" whenever I see the name. 😂 

It is certainly a fun and incredibly flamboyant name!

Message 30 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.