Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microchip implant replacing credit cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

"4,000 Swedish people have now replaced one or more of their cards with a microchip implant, which they use to make purchases."

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Andypanda
Established Contributor

Re: Microchip implant replacing credit cards

One more way for big brother to track us. 

Message 2 of 8
marty56
Super Contributor

@Andypanda wrote:

One more way for big brother to track us. 

Or a sign of the end times.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol

Mark of the beast, much. I've heard that this is where we were heading ever since I can remember. Whether it's true or not doesn't negate the obvious fact. That yes, it's yet anohter way for easy tracking. And that is already bad enough with Google in eveerything now.

While most of us really have nothing to hide, it's not really about that. Not that we want some stanger knowing every little detail about us out of context. It's ultimatley about how invasive it truly is, and what sort of abuse can arise from it. We already get excessive telemarketing from companies, due to our info being sold. 

I'll admit teh chip is an interesting/neat idea, not having to carry a wallet with ID, Cash, CC, and all the other crap that's in there. But what if that chip malfunctions when out of town, or worse out of the Country? Or you know, the age old ID fraud? The easier it is simplified for us, the easier it is for them.

Message 4 of 8
trusty
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

lol

Mark of the beast, much. I've heard that this is where we were heading ever since I can remember. Whether it's true or not doesn't negate the obvious fact. That yes, it's yet anohter way for easy tracking. And that is already bad enough with Google in eveerything now.

While most of us really have nothing to hide, it's not really about that. Not that we want some stanger knowing every little detail about us out of context. It's ultimatley about how invasive it truly is, and what sort of abuse can arise from it. We already get excessive telemarketing from companies, due to our info being sold. 

I'll admit teh chip is an interesting/neat idea, not having to carry a wallet with ID, Cash, CC, and all the other crap that's in there. But what if that chip malfunctions when out of town, or worse out of the Country? Or you know, the age old ID fraud? The easier it is simplified for us, the easier it is for them.

Taking it one step further, I'd be quite worried about potential long term health concerns. We don't need to be irradiated any further than we already are.

But yeah, this is way over the top.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@trusty wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

lol

Taking it one step further, I'd be quite worried about potential long term health concerns. We don't need to be irradiated any further than we already are.

But yeah, this is way over the top.

Beam me up Scotty Smiley LOL

Message 6 of 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

No way would I ever agree to anything like that. Id be willing to give up everything right then.
Message 7 of 8
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

Looks unhealthy and scary. I wonder what the metal composition is.

Upcoming tv commercial ad:
"If you or a loved one have been injured by using a credit microchip implant, please call the Law Office of XXX for settlement in a class action lawsuit. We have experienced attorneys to handle your claim. Dial now. 1-800-YOU-LOSE. Again, that's 1-800-YOU-LOSE, or visit us at www .YourSmallAwardsMakesRichLawyers.com/YouLoseAgainSucker.
Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.