Did you mean: 

NFCU American Express

tag
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU American Express

@mrldp40 wrote:

i wonder if navy will let us convert a current card to the amex when availible 

I was wondering the same thing. Hopefully, they will give us this option.

Message 31 of 114
Anonymous
Not applicable

This gives me even more motivation to diligently garden until this fall, maybe a little longer!  Realistically, I should wait until after Christmas!

Message 32 of 114
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mrldp40 wrote:

i wonder if navy will let us convert a current card to the amex when availible 

I hope they do. I also hope the card design is attractive.

Message 33 of 114
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kugel wrote:
I think they pull your credit for that
Not like PenFed u can just convert

No they do NOT pull credit for product changes. 

Message 34 of 114
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sandman771 wrote:

Any update on the timeframe other than "fall 2017?" My 91 days is up in August so I had a vested interest.

Well, like my previous post said, they plan on releasing this in September. 

So last month I was on NFCU's website looking for my credit card agreement. I couldn't find it and clicked on every single link I could find and ended up clicking the newsroom link. That's is how I found out about this new card. 

I immedately called NFCU to get more information. So my previous post is a converstation about this card with a NFCU rep. 

I then posted this information but someone beat me to it. I don't think this threard belongs in the dead zone of Credit News "Credit in the news could signify updates in your credit picture or rights as a consumer. Post news links here and discuss."  Should be in Credit Card board "The credit cards board is your place to discuss many different credit card-related topics ranging from managing credit card debt to reward structures and everything in between. If you're interested in talking about credit card applications, check out the credit card application board!"

But because someone beat me to posting the dead zone is where this ended up. 

Feel free to call NFCU and get updates as I haven't called them since May.

Message 35 of 114
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kugel wrote:
I think they pull your credit for that
Not like PenFed u can just convert

No they do NOT pull credit for product changes. 

This is awesome news. I haven't decided if I'll cold app for the new Amex, or go for a product change. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 36 of 114
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I want an AmX but will wait to see if the NFCU AmX will offer the 3X CLI that AmX offers. If not, I am going to apply for the original.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 37 of 114
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@CreditInspired wrote:

I want an AmX but will wait to see if the NFCU AmX will offer the 3X CLI that AmX offers. If not, I am going to apply for the original.

The 3x CLI only applies to Amex credit cards issued by American Express Centurion Bank, such as the BCP, EDP, Delta Gold, etc.

The NFCU Amex card will run on the Amex network, but will be issued and underwritten by NFCU; the CLIs will be by NFCU's "rules".  That said, they are known around here for being quite generous, and many people have reported getting CLIs greater than 3x on NFCU cards. 

Of course right now all we can do is speculate that the new card will go by the same "rules" as the current NFCU line up, which may or may not be the case.

Message 38 of 114
kugel
Valued Contributor

Wen is the card released? Beginning of sep or end?
Message 39 of 114
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thanks Uncle B. I did get a huge SL with my cashRewards card and also a generous CLI on my Platinum. And, since NFCU allows 3 CC products, maybe I'll rethink my plans about which one to get -- AmX or NFCU AmX.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 40 of 114
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.