Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU American Express

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New nfcu Amex

Anyone have a clue wen it's released I can't wait ??
Can't sleep
Message 91 of 114
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: New nfcu Amex

@Anonymous wrote:
Can't sleep

One poster says an NFCU CSR said Sept 6.

I'm still not clear on why people are so eager about this. Is it for big CLs and reasonably good rewards? Other things the card is supposed to offer? Or people blacklisted from Centurion Bank want a card that has less acceptance than Visa but lacks the perks of Centurion Bank Amexes?

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 92 of 114
Anonymous
Not applicable

Big CLs, Reasonably Good Rewards, liking Navy Federal and being on Amex's blacklist.

Message 93 of 114
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

I am eager for the new NFCU Amex because I keep hearing that it will give 3% cash back on groceries.  I've been looking for a good grocery rewards card since I got fed up with the Amex BCE and closed it.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 94 of 114
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Can't sleep

One poster says an NFCU CSR said Sept 6.

I'm still not clear on why people are so eager about this. Is it for big CLs and reasonably good rewards? Other things the card is supposed to offer? Or people blacklisted from Centurion Bank want a card that has less acceptance than Visa but lacks the perks of Centurion Bank Amexes?

I am not sure why either.  Penfed, USAA, US bank all have Amex cards and none of them are worth getting.  Real American Express cards are much better.  I am not sure why people are excited about this one.     Bank of America new travel card is much more enticinig.

Message 95 of 114
mrldp40
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU American Express

It's because navy is so generous and is normally a easy approval
ready to start a rebuild ex 533 eq 518 tu 541
inquiries EQ 2 EX 0 TU 1 multiple charge off current card green dot secured 500
Message 96 of 114
Anonymous
Not applicable

The elitism is strong on this thread... 

Message 97 of 114
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I hear conflicting "leaks" about the rewards so we'll have to see what's officially announced.

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

I am eager for the new NFCU Amex because I keep hearing that it will give 3% cash back on groceries.  I've been looking for a good grocery rewards card since I got fed up with the Amex BCE and closed it.

IIRC, you were upset about difficult redemptions on BCE...$25 intervals meant the rewards were hard to redeem. My understanding of GoRewards...and the new card, if it feeds into the same point pool...is that redemption would be just as tricky.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 98 of 114
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

I hear conflicting "leaks" about the rewards so we'll have to see what's officially announced.

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

IIRC, you were upset about difficult redemptions on BCE...$25 intervals meant the rewards were hard to redeem. My understanding of GoRewards...and the new card, if it feeds into the same point pool...is that redemption would be just as tricky.

To clarify, I could have lived with the $25 minimum redemptions on BCE if Amex did not also take nearly two months to post the points.  It was the combination of those two negatives that drove me away from BCE.

I stopped using Go Rewards because of its $50 minimum redemption.

If the new NFCU Amex has a $50 minimum redemption like Go Rewards, I won't apply.

The new NFCU Amex card and Go Rewards will likely not share the same points pool because they will be managed by two different vendors.  NFCU contracts with TSYS to manage nRewards, Go Rewards and Flagship Rewards, but they appear to have hired Amex's LoyaltyEdge subsidiary to manage the new card.  TSYS and LoyaltyEdge are competitors.  By the way, nRewards, Go Rewards, and Flagship Rewards each have their own points pool and do not share across cards.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 99 of 114
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU American Express

Anyone know wenis it released?
Message 100 of 114
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.