Andypanda
Established Contributor

New Citi CEO, first female CEO of major bank

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
TattnallTrio
Frequent Contributor

Re: New Citi CEO, first female CEO of major bank

Margaret Keane CEO of Synchrony Bank doesn't count? She's been in there for years 

Message 2 of 8
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

"Margaret Keane" .. I can't .. TOS ..Yo!

Message 3 of 8
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Message 4 of 8
VPExecutive
Frequent Contributor

Thank God that clown [Corbat] is finally retiring. Maybe Citi will become a respectable bank again that isn't considered a laughing joke, and that doesn't just cater to those with $200,000 or more in assets. All Citi has done is take, take, take from the middle class under him. Let's all take a look at the Prestige Card benefits and CitiGold requirements for example. This could be a good promotion on Citi's part. 

I think the real question is, is Corbat actually retiring, or is he being fired once his contract is up? Says right in the article the share value of Citi stock has been behind other major banks in the U.S., and the bank's operations are currently a mess. Time for a breath of fresh air. 

Message 5 of 8
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

@TattnallTrio wrote:

Margaret Keane CEO of Synchrony Bank doesn't count? She's been in there for years 

Synchrony is not even in the top 15 of "largest banks" in the US.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@VPExecutive 

The only big perk that the Citi card had was a very generous price protection scheme that I used quite a bit when my finances were much better, but they started cuttting that down to the bone along with Chase.

Before the BK, when my score was plummetting last year from surging debt, but before I had defaulted on anything, Citi went "Oh, we did an account review and here's another $2,000.". 

Message 7 of 8
VPExecutive
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@VPExecutive 

The only big perk that the Citi card had was a very generous price protection scheme that I used quite a bit when my finances were much better, but they started cuttting that down to the bone along with Chase.

Before the BK, when my score was plummetting last year from surging debt, but before I had defaulted on anything, Citi went "Oh, we did an account review and here's another $2,000.". 

You used to be able to transfer Citi points at a rate of 1.6 cents/point to American Airlines. The card also used to include MasterCard Golf and Admirals Lounge Access. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.