Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New MasterCard logo

tag
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

Re: New MasterCard logo

@Anonymous wrote:

I really kind of like it !  I like that the name is lower case and dropped below. 

I would like it .. if they did different colors ! Maybe Silver and Gold!  

Or make the Red & Yellow more metal looking! 

I hope we can all change our MC's ! 

The English Major in me hates it... I hate when I see proper names lower cased.  I'm one of those people that if I see blatantly bad composition, I assume uneducated/lazy.  The other thing that bugs me:  Moving the name below the logo means the whole logo will take up more space now.  That also irritates me.

I know, I know...  I need to get a life.  Smiley Happy

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 21 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dalmus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I really kind of like it !  I like that the name is lower case and dropped below. 

I would like it .. if they did different colors ! Maybe Silver and Gold!  

Or make the Red & Yellow more metal looking! 

I hope we can all change our MC's ! 

The English Major in me hates it... I hate when I see proper names lower cased.  I'm one of those people that if I see blatantly bad composition, I assume uneducated/lazy.  The other thing that bugs me:  Moving the name below the logo means the whole logo will take up more space now.  That also irritates me.

I know, I know...  I need to get a life.  Smiley Happy

No you are cool.  I myself hate when sentences are done in all lower case.  I guess I look at the logo in a different way. Some Credit Cards are just so uninteresting and I don't mind it hogs up a little more room.   Maybe its the font itself I like more than it being all in lower case letters, plus the silverish co-joinining circles.  

Credit Cards appearance can be great marketing tools. We like to dress nice - so it is nice to have a nice looking card as well!  

If they want me take it out of my wallet over other cards, especially if they are competing rewards cards.... it would be kind of nice if the companies can pretty them up a bit more.  I know, I know its all vanity and it should not matter.  I am just being honest.   I also like cards to be just a tad bit more girthier.  Some cards are a bit on the thin side they don't hold up  that well.  

I really love the silver ... maybe they will also have gold etc.  

Message 22 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mxp114 wrote:

I also love the design, I actually prefer the standard Mastercard logo. It is very appealing.

Are you using photo shop to create these awesome pics?

Message 23 of 33
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Looking at these samples the logo is kind of growing on me Smiley Surprised

I wonder when they will start rolling out the new card's, I am assuming every bank will adopt the changes at different rates.

I also assume that we won't get a card with the new design until our current cards expire. Smiley Sad

That's why I did it. The logo itself doesn't look too exciting but then on the cards it grew on me. Now I love it. The current mandate for the USA is that as of 9/30/16, issuers must advertise cardart depicting the new logo and not clear if all cards after this date must or only new accounts until current stock depletes. Citi is very good about switching plastics out very quickly and will likely have them on day one. 

@Anonymous wrote:

Are you using photo shop to create these awesome pics?

Yes, thanks. I created them quickly to provide a visual and decided to share Smiley Wink 

Message 24 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

http://mashable.com/2016/07/14/mastercard-new-logo/?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-main-link#2ropcpzVfPqY

Nice change

The rules seem to always be in flux ... have you tried various resources inside Citi to see if your Citi Double Cash could be upgraded to a WEMC? Story, you desire thebenefits for potential forth coming travel opportunities? Yes, I know some of their CSR's don't even know what a card with Visa Signature is and so on so you thank them and move on. My experiences with the Florida CSR's Center is bad but, I have done well on upgrades through the off shore CSR's. Well it is food for thought and has worked for me for both Visa Signature upgrades and World Elite Mastercard Upgrades (three times).

Message 25 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Spider15 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

http://mashable.com/2016/07/14/mastercard-new-logo/?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-main-link#2ropcpzVfPqY

Nice change

The rules seem to always be in flux ... have you tried various resources inside Citi to see if your Citi Double Cash could be upgraded to a WEMC? Story, you desire thebenefits for potential forth coming travel opportunities? Yes, I know some of their CSR's don't even know what a card with Visa Signature is and so on so you thank them and move on. My experiences with the Florida CSR's Center is bad but, I have done well on upgrades through the off shore CSR's. Well it is food for thought and has worked for me for both Visa Signature upgrades and World Elite Mastercard Upgrades (three times).

Wrong thread? lol.

Message 26 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice change

In the world of psychology they would be "Ven Diagrams" ...

Message 27 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Spider15 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice change

Wrong thread? lol.

You made reference in this thread of your being jealous and desired the WEMC symbols. My sole purpose was putting forth how one might go about getting to the WEMC and possibly the new logo as set forth in this thread.

Message 28 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Spider15 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Spider15 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice change

Wrong thread? lol.

You made reference in this thread of your being jealous and desired the WEMC symbols. My sole purpose was putting forth how one might go about getting to the WEMC and possibly the new logo as set forth in this thread.

Couple of weeks ago I received a notification that a new card was on its way from Citi AAdvantage. 

What was weird is that I literally just received the card at the end of May of this year. 

I called to ask is it just a new design and the rep stated yes. 

Well the card came and it looked exactly the same .. except for the back of the card.  The only change I could see was from being World w/color MC logo  ---to---> World Elite w/the silver interlocking circles, but it sill had the Mastercard w/capital M). 

I actually was kind of hoping that the card in front would change a bit.  

I guess now that the card will eventually be tweaked again w/new MC logo being in lower-case and under the interlocking circles. 

I just don't understand how they changed my card so fast from World to World Elite and Why? 

What did I do to constitute that ?  Why the rep did not advise me for the reason of the change? 

Is their really that much difference ?  

Things that make me go Hmmmmm Smiley Wink 

Message 29 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

BellaLina - grats on your upgrade. You are eligible for the benefits as set forth on the mastercard site subject to Citi benefits. I like the new logos so I look forward to the MC changes. In history, I actually had a Master Card that showed "Interbank" on the front. How times are changing.
Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.