Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New US Bank Cash+ and Altitude Go Secured CCs

tag
GatorCowboyLion
Regular Contributor

New US Bank Cash+ and Altitude Go Secured CCs

These are the identical rewards structures to the unsecured versions, except no SUB. Would be VERY interested to see what the underwriting on these cards is especially if 1/12 or 0/6 is enforced, if anyone has any DPs, please post them. Since US Bank does graduate their secured cards, presumably these could graduate to the unsecured versions. These really give Discover a run for their money for the best secured cards on the market. Imo Navy nrewards is close behind with 1% and cell coverage. I wish these had been out when I started rebuilding my credit. It's really nice to see an institution like US Bank extending great rewards programs to people who are working towards improving themselves.

Cash+

https://www.usbank.com/credit-cards/cash-plus-secured-visa-credit-card.html

Altitude Go

https://www.usbank.com/credit-cards/altitude-go-secured-visa-credit-card.html

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: New US Bank Cash+ and Altitude Go Secured CCs

If only they had this when I started rebuilding

Message 2 of 32
NRB525
Super Contributor

Yes, these are fabulous secured card options. Set your limit, up to $5k, earn strong rewards. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 3 of 32
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

That is excellent.  No need now but this is excellent for those in need.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 4 of 32
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

U.S. Bank announces two new secured cards: Build your credit and earn rewards too

U.S. Bank launched two secured credit cards, giving subprime consumers the chance to build their credit.

https://www.cnbc.com/select/us-bank-announces-altitude-go-cash-plus-secured/

Message 5 of 32
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: U.S. Bank announces two new secured cards: Build your credit and earn rewards too

Nice find. Those cards have some great rewards. And they graduate. The competiton has started.

Message 6 of 32
razzy116
Established Contributor

Re: U.S. Bank announces two new secured cards: Build your credit and earn rewards too

What credit score do i need to get the cards? Thank you

Starting Score: 663
Current Score: c669
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 32
kr43002
Frequent Contributor

They approved me and I just got the card in my Dashboard. 

Scores are around low 600-620

Util is low.

ALOT of new accounts.

I am going to guess the 1/12 0/6 rule is not enforced with these.

I got the Secured Cash+ Card.

I actually made a post about this in the BK forum, was quite excited about getting a 5% cash back card so soon out of BK.

BK CH7 1/21 DC 5/21
1+ Year Post BK
Credit Limit: 6000
EDC: QuickSilver 1 1.5% $39 AF
Oldest Account: Tire Card $500 0% APR 6 Months After purchase. 2018. (Survived Bankruptcy)
Message 8 of 32
kr43002
Frequent Contributor

So I did call US Bank and this is all the information I know about it:

It can graduate upon request, the agent on the phone said I should try and call in around 6 months to request it. They did not say anything about auto graduation, but I've read it can take some time.

You can increase your CL by increasing your Deposit, just have to call in and they will do underwriting for it. Assuming Another Hard Pull, as that is what someone else was saying on my post in another thread.

Credit Lines ranges from $300 -> $5000, with $100 Increments.

They are Bankruptcy Friendly.

Other things to note:

It did not take long to get on the phone with a rep (around 2 minutes going from start of call through the dialer process).

30 minutes after applying, I called in and asked if I was auto denied, and to my suprise I was "Recomended for Approval; Pending Funding from source". They took the funds 3 days after the application, then around 8 days (5 business) I recieved an email stating I was approved. The account also popped up in my US Bank app dashboard with that email.

BK CH7 1/21 DC 5/21
1+ Year Post BK
Credit Limit: 6000
EDC: QuickSilver 1 1.5% $39 AF
Oldest Account: Tire Card $500 0% APR 6 Months After purchase. 2018. (Survived Bankruptcy)
Message 9 of 32
calyx
Super Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

If only they had this when I started rebuilding

You and me both!

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.