cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New blog article: Medical debt removal from credit reports potentially impacts millions of consumers

tag
Elizabeth_FICO
myFICO Employee

New blog article: Medical debt removal from credit reports potentially impacts millions of consumers

Hello everyone! If there's a new blog article that I think you guys might like I plan on posting it in the Forums.

This week's article is: Medical debt removal from credit reports potentially impacts millions of consumers

Let me know what you think about the article.

For more content don't forget to check out our blog.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New blog article: Medical debt removal from credit reports potentially impacts millions of consu

Good news for many people!
Message 2 of 19
NurseV17

Re: New blog article: Medical debt removal from credit reports potentially impacts millions of consu

This will be great for me. I have 2 paid medical collections that the collection agency refuse to delete. 

Message 3 of 19
sjt
Senior Contributor

This is great news! It's long overdue IMHO.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone tried to remove a paid medical collection from their reports through an early exclusion?

Message 5 of 19
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

That is fantastic news for so many people . . . thanks for posting!!!

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 6 of 19
NurseV17

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone tried to remove a paid medical collection from their reports through an early exclusion?

Yes I have. I did it online, and only Experian deleted one paid medical debt. It was the lowest one for 275.00. They left the 1900.00 paid medical debt on my credit report. Both debts are with same collection agency.

Message 7 of 19
MovingOnward
Valued Member

Medical Collections to be removed from credit reports July 2022

I searched and didn't find this topic here (perhaps I missed it) but for those of us with medical collections on our reports, this looks like great news! https://www.cnet.com/personal-finance/medical-debt-to-be-removed-from-credit-reports-this-summer-wha...

If this info has already been posted, I will be happy to delete this topic.

Message 8 of 19
MovingOnward
Valued Member

Re: Medical Collections to be removed from credit reports July 2022

Message 9 of 19
CloudyWeather1331
Regular Contributor

Medical Debt OFFICIALLY getting removed from Credit Reports!

Just recieved email from Equifax about this! This will impact all 3 credit reporting agencies.

Screen Shot 2022-05-10 at 9.07.26 PM.png

-
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.