cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now HomeBuilders Want Money...Will This Ever Stop??!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now HomeBuilders Want Money...Will This Ever Stop??!!

Hey Everyone, Smiley Happy

First the banks came begging for cash.

Then the Big 3 automakers came a runnin' for money.

Now it's the homebuilders turn...to the tune of $250 Billion.

Here's a Wall Street Journal article with all the details. Enjoy!

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122748520112251743.html

CanDo

"The right attitude is everything"

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Now HomeBuilders Want Money...Will This Ever Stop??!!

i'm so pissed off about all of this "bail my dumb a$$ out" crap......SICK OF IT!!!

i'm not even a tax payer (i'm unemployed at the moment) & i'm pi$$ed off at these clowns!

Message 2 of 3
mymoneynow
Regular Contributor

Re: Now HomeBuilders Want Money...Will This Ever Stop??!!

WARNING! RAVING LUNATIC HERE! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK, LUNACY IS CONTAGIOUS!Smiley Very Happy

Sorry for the long post, tax payer lunacy in action!

No, it will not stop as long as the govenment keeps injecting funds into these companies. There are a lot of unanswered questions concerning the failing businesses such as banks, insurance companies, and auto mfg. The financials of all of these companies should be published online for everyone to review, it should include names with salaries and bonuses, golden parachutes, all the way down the line.Also expense reports would be interesting,ex.private jets used for trip to Wash.DC, Spa & golf outings, how about the cost of annual Christmas parties-including booze bills. While I am at it, let's also look at the cost of company automobiles including tires, and maintenance. Why can't these Ceo's and board members get an auto loan like the rest of us?

Now the homebuilders- from my viewpoint, it will still be difficult to get a home loan if you do not have a job! So what if the government gives all these great incentives to buy, you can't take advantage of those incentives without a means to pay for the home.IMO, this is as big a waste of taxpayer money as any I have heard! Sorry homebuilders if I offend you, I have a homebuilder in my family too. He is doing remodeling jobs now instead of building new homes- he is not bringing in what he did 3 years ago, but he is paying his bills and surviving!

I am sure there are a lot of small business owners who would love to have their bank accounts injected with bonus money and incentives from the government, but they are small business. So what if they employ less than 20 people. Those 20 have families who need to eat don't they?

who next? 

I have an idea, what if the government used all that bailout money and funded a research and development program that would produce a pill so we would not have to eat food anymore? We would not have to work, we would not need cars and gasoline, and while they are at it, they may as well buy out all utility companies and supply free energy to everyone!

Another idea, all of the myfico forum members should sign a petition and submit it to the government as well. Let's see, how many millions do we WANT? OOPS! I should say NEED, no, I will say WANT, everyone else seems to be using that term a lot in the bailout scheme. All we need is a volunteer to handle it for us, remember, travel would be reimbursed by the bailout, also all your expenses, such as food, travel for your spouse, heck, even take the kids with you, the government will not mind!

Now you all think I am a raving lunatic right?  I agree- I am a raving lunatic when it comes to all this bailout crap, it makes absolutely no sense at all. We, the taxpayers, and the job hunting-soon to be taxpayers again crowd will be paying the piper on all this bailout one day. That one day will come sooner than we wish. I am very worried about the long term ramifications here. Will we be paying 90% of our incomes to taxes eventually? Shoot, I would not be surprised at all!

Anyone have a nice home for sale in Switzerland?

Message Edited by mymoneynow on 11-24-2008 06:39 AM