cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nurse’s car repossessed after she accepts credit union offer to defer payments during pandemic

tag
snickerpedia
Frequent Contributor

Re: Nurse’s car repossessed after she accepts credit union offer to defer payments during pandemic

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@FlaDude wrote:

Everyone seems to be overlooking the saddest part of the story, she drives an Impala.

I felt the story was was sad enough without bringing up owning a Chevy.

@Brian_Earl_Spilner - that was the laugh i needed to start my day off!!!!

TU - 785
EX - 771
EQ - 779

Citi premier 13
CSP 29
X1 33.5k
/CIU 6k
Message 11 of 25
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Nurse’s car repossessed after she accepts credit union offer to defer payments during pandemic

@snickerpedia wrote:

@FlaDude wrote:

Everyone seems to be overlooking the saddest part of the story, she drives an Impala.

I'm from a Ford family, my wife is from a Chevy family. She would be so mad if she saw me post that.

Message 12 of 25
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

@FlaDude wrote:

Mahk? Is that you? All I can think about with this comment is Zebra Corner's YouTube channel.  

Message 13 of 25
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

While it's a heck of a headline and something is certainly amiss with the CU letting her know about the underpayments, the article should really have been titled "Nurse's car repossessed after failing to make minimum payment for 36 months in a row."  Otherwise it seems to feed into the paranoia around accepting assistance, and while the audit was conducted after she took assistance, it's not the actual reason the car was repossessed.

If she is still paying by check, as a traveling nurse I wonder if her contact information was up to date with the credit union?

Message 14 of 25
FlaDude
Established Contributor

@Schwartzinator wrote:

@FlaDude wrote:

Mahk? Is that you? All I can think about with this comment is Zebra Corner's YouTube channel.  

Not Mahk, but I just checked out the channel, some funny stuff there.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 15 of 25
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@Schwartzinator wrote:

@Schwartzinator 

I love Zebra's Corner.

So wicked hilarious

Message 16 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

While it's a heck of a headline and something is certainly amiss with the CU letting her know about the underpayments, the article should really have been titled "Nurse's car repossessed after failing to make minimum payment for 36 months in a row."  Otherwise it seems to feed into the paranoia around accepting assistance, and while the audit was conducted after she took assistance, it's not the actual reason the car was repossessed.

If she is still paying by check, as a traveling nurse I wonder if her contact information was up to date with the credit union?

I can say this from my personal experience as a travel/contract worker in Healthcare (exact same job type - just different profession):

It is a *nightmare* to keep your info up to date. Often times you change jobs every 3 months. I have been lucky to stay in the same region for nearly 3 years (while still being within the rules of the game) and while even being in one area so long, it is a joke getting your mail fowarded.

You *cannot* change your permanent residence info, not even temporarily, or it looks like you are taking up residence in the new state you are working your contract in.

Especially now during the pandemic, you can just forget getting your mail. I have made 3 requests *each* for new card replacements before actually receiving it (for 4 different cards).

My national professional license took over 2 months to receive.

Most times you dont even get 30% of your mail via "temporary fowarding".

So I can absolutely sympathize with this. It is the worst!

Also, I have had friends/family send me my mail previously, but it becomes expensive to do regularly (have to go priority to get tracking), and a hassle to expect people to do this all the time, like forever. 

I've also waited until I go home, but you can't always wait that long to get your mail. I also don't trust it just sitting there for who knows how long.

Message 17 of 25
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@snickerpedia wrote:

@FlaDude wrote:

I'm from a Ford family, my wife is from a Chevy family. She would be so mad if she saw me post that.

GROSSSSSS FORD lol i hate and would not never drive a ford never again. I have not drove a ford in 25 years. When I get a rental I tell them don't put me in a ford lol

Message 18 of 25
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@snickerpedia wrote:

@FlaDude wrote:

My family is a Ford family as well. However, I love the look of Chevy/GMC trucks. Sorry!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 19 of 25
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I can say this from my personal experience as a travel/contract worker in Healthcare (exact same job type - just different profession):

It is a *nightmare* to keep your info up to date. Often times you change jobs every 3 months. I have been lucky to stay in the same region for nearly 3 years (while still being within the rules of the game) and while even being in one area so long, it is a joke getting your mail fowarded.

You *cannot* change your permanent residence info, not even temporarily, or it looks like you are taking up residence in the new state you are working your contract in.

Especially now during the pandemic, you can just forget getting your mail. I have made 3 requests *each* for new card replacements before actually receiving it (for 4 different cards).

My national professional license took over 2 months to receive.

Most times you dont even get 30% of your mail via "temporary fowarding".

So I can absolutely sympathize with this. It is the worst!

Also, I have had friends/family send me my mail previously, but it becomes expensive to do regularly (have to go priority to get tracking), and a hassle to expect people to do this all the time, like forever. 

I've also waited until I go home, but you can't always wait that long to get your mail. I also don't trust it just sitting there for who knows how long.

Isn't this why Mail Boxes Etc and a thousand other mail services got started?

There's plenty targeting professionals and corporations spefically, find one close to home base and have them sort the issue of either forwarding or a higher tier service for things you care about (business stuff).

        
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.