Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Once you hit this score...

tag
StartinOver
Frequent Contributor

Once you hit this score...

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/09/going-higher-than-this-credit-score-is-a-waste-of-time-expert-says.h...

4/25/11 FICO: EQ 761....EX 770.....TU 744
3/6/2011 FICO: EQ 710... EX 718... TU 710
09/09 FICO: EQ: 525
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Re: Once you hit this score...

What a great read!

Yes and no, once you get to 760 you can get the best rates, however, if you go on an app spree then you need some padding to keep from going below 760!  YMMV of course Smiley Happy

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 2 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Some scoring things in there that are incorrect, equity line payoffs for example no.

That said, the gist is absolutely correct: nothing to our knowledge (maybe some awkward credit cards or personal loans but I doubt it) underwrites at higher than a 760 FICO score.

Though score padding does indeed help as I can attest to not that I've applied for anything recently but I'm close to qualifying for the top tier mortgage rate even with a recent deliquency... padding is good!

        
Message 3 of 4
marty56
Super Contributor

If your job requires you to maintain good credit, having a 800+ credit score goes along way in making them them want to keep you and possibly even hoiw much you get paid.  It's not just about getting credit.  

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.