Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal

tag
Lou-natic
Established Contributor

Re: Paypal

I can't figure out how they thought a $2,500 fine is okay? I never kept anywhere near that much in my account and I doubt the average person did either...were they going to hold the account hostage until you paid up, close it outright, take you to court or what? Did they think people were going to pay it if that money just wasn't there for them to take? So many questions, it's insanity they thought this would just go over with people. That really tells me how out of touch they are.

3/3/24
Message 11 of 20
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Perhaps it didn't matter. I mean they are connected to your bank avvount, credit cards, and PayPal Credit...  wow.  Maybe I should shut it down with them.

Message 12 of 20
Lou-natic
Established Contributor

@805orbust wrote:

Perhaps it didn't matter. I mean they are connected to your bank avvount, credit cards, and PayPal Credit...  wow.  Maybe I should shut it down with them.

I shut mine down. They aren't a bank and don't have to follow banking rules which means your money is always at the risk of their whims. I knew from an incident years ago never to keep more than a few dollars in that account but like you say, it's connected to everything else...that's a lot of liability if they decide one day they don't like you.

3/3/24
Message 13 of 20
805orbust
Valued Contributor

@Lou-natic  Dude tell me about it. The whole concept is ridiculous. Unsurprising because... 2022 but ridiculous nonetheless 

Message 14 of 20
720orBust

Oh, @805orbust  thats pretty crazy stuff. But I just have to stay focused and appreciate the post people add here. But I agree we have to be careful because it's on the internet. 

Starting Score: 577EQ / 590 TU / 568EX 10/01/22
Current Score: 577EQ / 590 TU / 568EX
Goal Score: 720

Message 15 of 20
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Yep, gotta stay focused and keep the noise out. Totally agree @720orBust 

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have closed my Paypal account and Paypal Mastercard account.

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymalous wrote:

This reminds me a bit of the history of the credit bureaus. Specifically, things like how Equifax credit reports used to include feedback from the Welcome Wagon hostesses who greeted new residents with a basket of fruit, as an excuse for judging them based on their furniture and clothing.

You are showing age? Smiley LOL

Do remember what you posted!

Message 18 of 20
Anonymalous
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymalous wrote:

This reminds me a bit of the history of the credit bureaus. Specifically, things like how Equifax credit reports used to include feedback from the Welcome Wagon hostesses who greeted new residents with a basket of fruit, as an excuse for judging them based on their furniture and clothing.

You are showing age? Smiley LOL

Do remember what you posted!

Yes, it's true. I was a Welcome Wagon hostess/credit spy in the 1930s! I specialized in deducing mortage delinquency rates based on the upholestry of ottomans!

Message 19 of 20
805orbust
Valued Contributor

@Anonymalous  HILARIOUS!!!  Although it seems that the algorithm is the new Welcome Wagon hostess. 😉

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.