Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

People aren't paying their credit cards

tag
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Re: People aren't paying their credit cards

I agree with trusty. The public service sector is operating at a loss each and every day. As someone that works in a public hospital - every day I see people come in for anything and everything. The sad statistic though is that 6/10 are people of lower income, the ones that are living off the state or under poverty level. Then I see the same people buying steak on food stamps. The abuse level in the public sector is off the charts. I have seen people have kids just to get more money through food stamps, public housing, etc. People game the system and continue to do so since there's no consequence. Something has to be done. >Rant over<

Edit - just wanna make it clear, I don’t have issues with people that actually need the help. It’s the ones I see that are abusing it that I have a concern with. The ones that are lazy and rather live off others then to try and make a living for themselves.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 11 of 15
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@trusty

While staying away from politics, I get a feeling from parts of your post that class division and us against them is the cause of all evil from your take on our economic society. I'm not going to deal with a point by point of us versus them because I feel it will get into politics, but my take is I am responsible for my life/future/well being and yes there are outside factors that work both for and against my goals/desires but adapting to life's choices and challenges are a part of the quest. 

As soon as you get into the "rich" and "unpaying taxes" you lost me as far as the state of current and future economics.

Message 12 of 15
trusty
Frequent Contributor

@pipeguy wrote:

As soon as you get into the "rich" and "unpaying taxes" you lost me as far as the state of current and future economics.

That's precisely borne out of the propaganda machine... that would have you completely tune out - based on the old class warfare hot button words. It's not about class, per-say. It's just about money, period. People that have the lion's share - simply don't want to contribute to society... so society fails.

It just comes down to properly accounting for revenues. There's a total pool of revenue within the GDP. Public services need a certain percentage of that - so that everyone can be lifted to a certain quality of life; and not have to be cordoned off from the dregs of society. With modern technology, it should be quite simple to collect the necessary revenues from the lion's share of income sources in society.

Failing that fundamental tenet of civilised society, we're back to pillaging other lands.

Message 13 of 15
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Just a reminder it hasn't crossed the line yet, but certainly starting to come close or could very easily.  Thanks in advance everyone.

Five things we don't discuss on myFICO:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/5-Things-We-Don-t-Talk-About/td-p/336929

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Greed, pure and simle. Yet mankind has still not learned anything from History, how many civiliaztions in the past have fallen to it? Not to mention in our own recent past we've seen companies brought failure for the benefit of certain people. It's one among many traits that plague our world, and will likely continue until we're gone completely. Or maker forbid, spread our miserable exitence to other Stars.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.