Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pier1 to close near 1/2 its stores as BK rumors persist

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pier1 to close near 1/2 its stores as BK rumors persist

@M_Smart007I never really bought the big Items, but I have some small to medium things that are very cool.

I just used My gift card I had laying around, Got a real good deal on some bath towels. (free shipping)

Now you can bath ... oh, I mean the dogs can Smiley Sad

Message 11 of 16
Nomad3
Frequent Contributor

DW wanted to go in and see what they had, looks like the 2 locations closest to me shut down. She was sad, she's not big on online shopping
Message 12 of 16
iced
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@iced wrote:

I didn't even know Pier1 was still a thing. I had just figured they went extinct along with the other dinosaurs like Circuit City or KayBee Toys.

Last time I saw a storefront of theirs was years ago.

Yeah quite honestly I'm amazed they didn't go bankrupt years ago. 

Apparently the market for $275 plates to put on your mantel is stronger than expected.

I've also wondered how they've stayed in business. Some nice stuff but a lot of their pricing is completely absurd.

And here I was thinking they were the Dollar General of useless decorative crap. After all, those $275 plates are probably $600 at Pottery Barn.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

A friend is an interior designer and does quite a bit of business decorating model homes and apartments. She would shop there and buy the little knick-knacks they sprinkle as she says around the home.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

“Looking ahead, we believe that we will deliver improved financial results over time as we realize the benefits of our business transformation and cost-reduction initiatives.” - CEO Robert Riesbeck

Six weeks later: ""Today's actions are intended to provide Pier 1 with additional time and financial flexibility as we now work to unlock additional value for our stakeholders through a sale," Pier 1's CEO Robert Riesbeck said. 

Pier 1 filed for bankruptcy Monday. 

Message 15 of 16
Trudy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

For sure. Most of the stuff they sell can easily be found in garage/yard sales for a fraction of their costs. Which i assume is why they aren't doing so well anymore, considering all the shows like fleamarket flip etc.

I am honestly surprise they have lasted this long given the nature of what thye sell.

Not in every color though Smiley Wink

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.