Anonymous
Not applicable

Points and Miles Could Becom Harder to Earn

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Points and Miles Could Becom Harder to Earn

The piece has a few errors in it, such as claiming that closing a credit card hurts your score.  But otherwise it is interesting.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

ouch

"Chase is considering not allowing cardholders to pool points accrued across multiple credit cards. "

Message 3 of 7
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

ouch

"Chase is considering not allowing cardholders to pool points accrued across multiple credit cards. "

As much as this sucks, it really isn't surprising. There are blogs and sites telling people to get the Chase trifecta and all that. It's not shocking they would want to make it more difficult to get huge value out of the points.

Message 4 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

ouch

As much as this sucks, it really isn't surprising. There are blogs and sites telling people to get the Chase trifecta and all that. It's not shocking they would want to make it more difficult to get huge value out of the points.

Except as I recall they announced they were going to do that last year and the response nixed it.

I suspect they will go a different way, though I definitely pool my points on a regular basis now.

        
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have heard about this, and I personally do not like this. Financial Companies make BILLIONS off of their customers each year, and its fine line where they are loosing money.

These compaies such as American Express that is listed in the article, and one that does not come to no suprise. These companies offset the cost by merchant fees, and finding ways to increase interest rates.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can see not pooling URs across differnt Cardholder, ie Wife/Husband/Partner etc. But all UR cards in your own name should be able to, they're not really losing out on anthing unless the points are all from SUBs. But if you're genuine earner, and earn enough points/Miles naturally to pay for a trip. You shouldn't be told how and when you can use them, you earned them fair and square by using the card they're making Money on.

Especially on an AF Card, where you're paying extra for perks.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.