Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Record Changes in Credit Reports

tag
yoyo
Established Contributor

Re: Public Record Changes in Credit Reports

Good morning,

Was wondering if anyone has this answer...

What if the judgement was satified through bankcrupty but not paid.

Will they remove this?

I have two judgement included in bankcrupty on my EQ which is lower than my TU and EX scores by 20 point.

My EQ is 657, TU 677 EX 679

Do you guy know if they will removed them in July?

I've recieved the email today form Fico on this new change.

Message 21 of 262
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I had my lien released. Equifax has their own rules. My released lien fell off TU & EX, but not EQ. "Paid or released tax liens remain on file for seven years from the date released or 10 years from the date filed" whichever comes first. So it isnt listed on EX/TU. But now EQ rules may go bye bye come July. Ohterwise I have to wait till 2019, 10 yrs after it was filed. 

Message 22 of 262
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a judgment on my credit reports now and cannot get a mortgage because of it.  Will this change that?  Or do lenders look places other than credit reports for things like civil judgments? 

Message 23 of 262
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a judgment on my credit reports now and cannot get a mortgage because of it.  Will this change that?  Or do lenders look places other than credit reports for things like civil judgments? 

They look for anything that can attach as a lien on the house, I don't know judgements well enough to suggest whether they can or not but presumably as they can go after any asset for which that qualifies.

        
Message 24 of 262
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Paid or unpaid judgment?

Message 25 of 262
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Revelate wrote:

@sjt wrote:
Why is TU 11/18?

TU's exclusion date is 7 years since paid.

EX's exclusion date is 7 years from filing if paid.

EQ's I think mirrors EX's but since I paid 11/2011 EX is a little early on the exclusion in their interface.  I don't know why TU is the unfortunate outlier in their exclusion policy, but fortunately worst case it's the bureau I care least about, though strangely my mortgage score there is way higher than either EQ/EX now with just a tax lien, a CFA, and some inquiries (5 EX 3 EQ) showing on those two bureaus but a bunch of lates on TU... go go dirtier bucket I guess.

Hoping the lien's being excluded on EX/EQ and the reduced inquiry count fixes my mortgage scores which are the only ones I really care about at the moment since I'm likely moving in about a year.

Well this is fun; the data on my lien was incorrect in that the docket number they had, didn't match with the case number with the LA court system.

Pulled the record of the lien from the county for the listed docket, saw it wasn't my lien, disputed as not mine and gave the name of the person who actually had a lien with that docket and TU whacked the lien.  My TU 04 score which is the only one I care about on that bureau gained one point haha.

I should've tried that years ago though I know the reference numbers have changed over time (which should've been an indication something wasn't right).

        
Message 26 of 262
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

Well this is fun; the data on my lien was incorrect in that the docket number they had, didn't match with the case number with the LA court system.

Pulled the record of the lien from the county for the listed docket, saw it wasn't my lien, disputed as not mine and gave the name of the person who actually had a lien with that docket and TU whacked the lien.  My TU 04 score which is the only one I care about on that bureau gained one point haha.

I should've tried that years ago though I know the reference numbers have changed over time (which should've been an indication something wasn't right).

Lol 1 point???  Insane.  Maybe you rebucketed?

I am still not disputing my lien but I found inaccuracies on all 3 CRAs.  One is completely missing the lien docket number, one has the balance due incorrect and forgot what the third was.  Will get to it after I PIF the lien this or next month.

Congrats on getting it nuked from one though!

Message 27 of 262
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

Lol 1 point???  Insane.  Maybe you rebucketed?

I am still not disputing my lien but I found inaccuracies on all 3 CRAs.  One is completely missing the lien docket number, one has the balance due incorrect and forgot what the third was.  Will get to it after I PIF the lien this or next month.

Congrats on getting it nuked from one though!

Oh I'm certain I rebucketed actually heh, posted over in UFS but I have entirely different reason codes now, it's not even close to 1:1 which was actually somewhat shocking to me but I guess that tracks given there are more clean scorecards than dirty ones and so they have to be looking at other things to segment consumers which don't make sense to do on the dirty side of the house; looks like I may have been in 3 different buckets over the past month with various things that have happened though.

1) Lates + lien (all 3)

2) Lien (EX/EQ)

3) Lates (TU)

I'm leaving EX/EQ alone for now, TU was the meaningful one from a lien perspective though it didn't get me all that I hoped haha, did get a decent bump on FICO 8 though.

        
Message 28 of 262
Cindy_FICO
Administrator Emeritus

Here is some information from FICO on the upcoming changes and how it might or might not change your FICO Scores - http://blog.myfico.com/upcoming-data-purge-fico-scores/  

Message 29 of 262
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Cindy_FICO wrote:

Here is some information from FICO on the upcoming changes and how it might or might not change your FICO Scores - http://blog.myfico.com/upcoming-data-purge-fico-scores/  

Cindy,

Didn't see it in the posting but did the data show what percentage of existing tax liens were excluded?  

I had no idea that more than 5% of the population had a tax lien of some sort based on that statistical data.

        
Message 30 of 262
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.