Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Record Changes in Credit Reports

tag
koolerthanmost
Valued Member

Re: Public Record Changes in Credit Reports

Could someone that had their lien(s) removed answer this question? Is your lien information listed in the format below? I'm wondering if the last four of my ssn showing will prevent my state tax liens from being removed. It would be nice to finally receive clarification. Also, recently I spoke to an Equifax agent who stated that the changes are automatic and that they are still processing. 

Name

xxx-xx-(Last 4)

Case #

Address

Message 181 of 262
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes this information would be awesome to know as I am in the same boat as you.
Message 182 of 262
CrankyDave
Regular Contributor

@koolerthanmost wrote:

Could someone that had their lien(s) removed answer this question? Is your lien information listed in the format below? I'm wondering if the last four of my ssn showing will prevent my state tax liens from being removed. It would be nice to finally receive clarification. Also, recently I spoke to an Equifax agent who stated that the changes are automatic and that they are still processing. 

Name

xxx-xx-(Last 4)

Case #

Address

The lines on my state lien filing where social security numbers and whatnot would go were completely blacked out, CIA style. No numbers showing at all, just my name, address, and case number.

Message 183 of 262
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most tax liens just show xxx-xx-1234 style.  We just got finished removing tax liens due to id fraud.  As a side note after we got it removed by IRS everybody but Equifax took it off quickly.  Equifax  kept showing it and saying Lexus Nexus was verifying it on dw but when spoke to Lexus Nexus they told us and put it writing they NEVER had a tax lien on dw.  We finally had to use this in a CFPB complaint against Equifax. Then it finally went away. 

Message 184 of 262
ejm201
Valued Member

Your insight is very much appreciated. When it comes to unbderwriting, how do you handle cases when the client reports such as an error? I ask because for three years an error judgment had been showing up on my file HURTING my family financially. Despite disputes filed with clear info showing that the there were errors, NO ONE helped. Just kept getting the run around. It wasn't until the first week of July unknown to my wife and I where we called and threatend to take legal action if it were not removed.

Now, we were wanting to go under cntract for a home but KNOW the judgment is not said to come off until "sometime in August" is what Equifax told me. This is a timing issue. Now if I UNFAIRLY have to wait until then, then we can potentially lose out on the home. If we decide to pull, I know the public recrd willn still show. How do I go about this my LO? If I can at least go under contract, then it will give us the 30-60 days for the public record to come off.

As underwiter, how do you handle this types of situations. I can't find anything on here that relates to my specific situation.

Thank You in advance!!!!

Message 185 of 262
sjt
Senior Contributor

@ejm201 wrote:

Your insight is very much appreciated. When it comes to unbderwriting, how do you handle cases when the client reports such as an error? I ask because for three years an error judgment had been showing up on my file HURTING my family financially. Despite disputes filed with clear info showing that the there were errors, NO ONE helped. Just kept getting the run around. It wasn't until the first week of July unknown to my wife and I where we called and threatend to take legal action if it were not removed.

Now, we were wanting to go under cntract for a home but KNOW the judgment is not said to come off until "sometime in August" is what Equifax told me. This is a timing issue. Now if I UNFAIRLY have to wait until then, then we can potentially lose out on the home. If we decide to pull, I know the public recrd willn still show. How do I go about this my LO? If I can at least go under contract, then it will give us the 30-60 days for the public record to come off.

As underwiter, how do you handle this types of situations. I can't find anything on here that relates to my specific situation.

Thank You in advance!!!!

Can you be more specific with the "error judgement." What was it exactly? Was it a judgement that was in your name in error or was it a debt that you settled before a judgement.

I am under the impression that a mortgage company does a public record search to find any unpaid liens or judgements. So even if it fell off your credit report, they still can find it and would want you too pay or settle it.

So it would it would be in your best interest to take care of this judgement instead of waiting until it falls off your report.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 186 of 262
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great stuff and thanks! So, hopefully my last baddie (State Lien on EQ) falls off within the next week or so. Now even though it will not be anywhere on the merged credit report, I will answer the question in the affirmative (i.e., i am aware of the Lien and have recovered 8 year old emails, docs relating to its origin) and show the mortgage firm that I am ready to pay the collection firm that now has the account before or at the closing. Is there a preference in regards to form of payment or receipts? I plan to pay using a couple of my cards. Please advise what you think is the best route. Thanks

Message 187 of 262
nupey10
Regular Contributor

YES !!  YES!!!!  YES!!!!  YES!!!!  YES!!!!  YES!!!!  YES!!!!

Sorry.... ALL 6 of my Georgia liens fell off yesterday....... and i'm a little excited to say the least.

Transunion score jumped 57 points up to 810!!!!  

I'm not joking when I say I got light headed when I saw that score.

I'm hoping the best for the rest of you that are waiting

YES!!!!  YES!!!!

Message 188 of 262
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats nupey!!!! Thats awesome. The hubby just had his fall off TU yesterday.  Hoping when I run our full 3 reports to see them removed from the others for both of us. We are in Michigan. 

Message 189 of 262
nupey10
Regular Contributor

KUDOS to my Michigan peeps!!

Go Blue!!

or Go Green Go White.  I love them both Smiley Happy

Can't wait to see your sucess story SOON!!

Message 190 of 262
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.