Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reddit Hacked

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Reddit Hacked

Hey guys , no good with linking but just a heads up looks like Reddit was hacked, got an alert from Experian moments ago.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Reddit Hacked

Here’s what you need to know about the Reddit breach
On June 19, Reddit learned that between June 14-18, hackers were able to access two databases through Reddit employees’ accounts.
The first database included early Reddit user data, from the site’s launch in 2005 through May 2007. User info that was accessed by intruders includes usernames, passwords, email addresses and all content, including postings and private messages, from that period.
The second database accessed by hackers contained all the logs for the email digests sent out by Reddit between June 3-17, 2018. User info in that database includes email addresses, usernames and the names of any safe-for-work subreddits users are subscribed to.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

AJC ... pretty scary! Wonder what the hackers will do with the info? Maybe ... just maybe a new "SCAM" will be "black mailing" people with the information they stole? Smiley Mad

Message 3 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah, it's just insane but the world we live in today , info is king. Best we can do is keep changing our pw often I guess.
Message 4 of 5
arkane
Established Contributor

Or just lurk Reddit. Smiley Wink

But yeah it's gotten to the point where I just assume all my info is gonna get stolen from somewhere some day and plan accordingly. I guess that's also part of the reason I stay away from social media.

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.