cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPG Website Ending On August 1st, Robot Points Predictions & More.

tag
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

SPG Website Ending On August 1st, Robot Points Predictions & More.

https://www.uscreditcardguide.com/rumor-spg-website-going-down-on-august-1st/

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/recap-spg-website-ending-on-august-1st-robot-points-predictions-more/

Now it shouldn’t come as a surprise if the consolidation is completed this year. Yet what makes us wonder is: August 1st, really? That translates into an extremely tight schedule, especially given it is almost April now. If Marriott decides to launch the new system in August, it seems surprising that no official announcement has been made yet.

What’s more, integrating into a single website would probably mean the end of Starpoints as we know it (after all it would create considerable operational burden if two point systems are in use), but still we have no clue. Oh, don’t forget the credit cards: we only know the arrangement that Amex will be issuing a top-tier card while Chase will offer a mid-tier card and a card without annual fee.

So if we had to guess, we tend to think August 1st is the launch date of a new beta website. Offloading the SPG website/app entirely in early August seem unlikely.

But who knows? The day will come sooner or later. Let’s wait and see.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SPG Website Ending On August 1st, Robot Points Predictions & More.

Thanks for sharing @Saleen099!

Message 2 of 3
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: SPG Website Ending On August 1st, Robot Points Predictions & More.

Hmm...I am prequalified for all normal Amex cards, including SPG - and Amex seems to really like me. Maybe I should jump on the apple cart before the new harvest? Wondering if more beneficial to get a SPG now, or wait to see what the new kid in town is.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.