cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Santander Bank no longer taking Apps for Credit Cards..

tag
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

Santander Bank no longer taking Apps for Credit Cards..

got the ultimate MC just a month ago and now this ...Smiley Surprised

1535.png

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
"Be Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse"
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Santander Bank no longer taking Apps for Credit Cards..

This should come as no surprise! It is the Mahraja's fault going from lender to lender taking the fruit from the tree and leaving none for the minions Smiley LOL

Message 2 of 12
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

@Dinosaur lol dang you dino you made me laugh so hard...right after my App the bank stopped taking applications.. Smiley LOL bad jinx

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
Message 3 of 12
Caardvark
Frequent Contributor

Maybe they'd approve cards if they can re-allocate Mahraja's credit line to us

Message 4 of 12
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Well, I' sure Santander is still offring those nifty MPMO car loans (the More you Pay, the More you Owe)

Message 5 of 12
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

I think you took all their money with your massive approval... Did you by any chance get a Blispay card semi-recently?

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 6 of 12
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Mahraja wrote:

got the ultimate MC just a month ago and now this ...Smiley Surprised

1535.png

Wow. I hope I didn't do anything to offend them Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 7 of 12
Hex
Valued Contributor

Santander stops issuing cards due to overcharges.

https://www.masslive.com/business/2019/04/santander-suspends-issuing-new-credit-cards-due-to-overcha...

I was sad I couldn’t apply for one of theses cards but maybe now not so much....
Message 8 of 12
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

Re: Santander stops issuing cards due to overcharges.

will resume our credit card offerings as soon as possible.

In a statement to the Business Journal, Santander said it recently identified “some minor errors related to credit card interest calculations and disclosures.” The overcharges have affected “a small percentage of our credit card customers,” according to the statement.

The spokeswoman declined to comment on why or how the interest had been miscalculated. The bank is in the process of correcting the issue, according to the statement.

“Because Santander is committed to responsible banking and treating our customers fairly, we believe it is appropriate to temporarily suspend offering new credit cards while these issues are being addressed,” the bank said in its statement. “We continue to service our existing customers without interruption and will resume our credit card offerings as soon as possible.”

Customers who visit Santander’s website to apply for a credit card see a message that says: “Thank you for your interest in Santander Credit Cards. We are not taking applications at this time and apologize for the inconvenience.” There is no mention of the interest miscalculations.

The overcharges could draw legal action from banking regulators. The spokeswoman declined to comment on any discussion with government officials about the problem.

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
Message 9 of 12
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

@pinkandgrey  already have Blisspay visa dead in my wallet lol by the way accroding to Santander will resume our credit card offerings as soon as possible.

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.