March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 20
GZG
Valued Contributor

Re: She’s definitely not from around here

@Blender wrote:

https://www.dailydot.com/news/chase-bank-credit-limit-increase/

there's her, complaining about CLIs. Then there's y'all 😂

“I’m in the process of paying off my credit cards and the interest charges are outrageous,” she detailed. “I’m lucky that I have the means to cover them, but a lot of people don’t.”

sounds like they don't actually have the means to cover them

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 3 of 20
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Blender wrote:

https://www.dailydot.com/news/chase-bank-credit-limit-increase/

there's her, complaining about CLIs. Then there's y'all 😂

All joking aside, though, she does have a point. The banks don't give out those auto CLI's because they have good hearts, or want to help you with utilization padding. They do it because they want you to borrow more on their cards.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 20
MarkintheHV
Frequent Contributor

I wonder why she doesnt call and have the decrease her credit line?  That would be the easiest thing for her to do.

A lot faster and easier than videoing and writing her rant.  If she doesnt like her treatment at Chase, maybe go to capital one, they would gladly give her a bucketed card and she wouldnt have to worry about CLIs anymore.

What's in my wallet?
NFCU Flagship - 80k | AmEx Delta Reserve - $70k | Citi AA Executive - $37k | AmEx Delta Reserve Biz - 60k | Citi AA Biz - 20k
Message 5 of 20
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@MarkintheHV wrote:

I wonder why she doesnt call and have the decrease her credit line?  That would be the easiest thing for her to do.

A lot faster and easier than videoing and writing her rant.  If she doesnt like her treatment at Chase, maybe go to capital one, they would gladly give her a bucketed card and she wouldnt have to worry about CLIs anymore.

Well l don't think she's concerned so much about her own position, but about the effect auto CLI's may have on the public generally.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 6 of 20
Shmike
Regular Contributor

Has anybody seen this?

Unreal! Negative attention seeking imoUnreal! Negative attention seeking imo

FICO Score 8 as of 2/17/24:
Message 7 of 20
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Has anybody seen this?

Merged posts on same topic together

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 8 of 20
ThomasJNewton
Frequent Contributor

@GZG wrote:

“I’m in the process of paying off my credit cards and the interest charges are outrageous,” she detailed. “I’m lucky that I have the means to cover them, but a lot of people don’t.”

sounds like they don't actually have the means to cover them

Actually, she is pretty clear that she has been paying her cards down and had just paid off a large amount. It sounds like either she was in a worse situation a while ago and has improved, or she just spent too much not really understanding how much interest she was paying.

Message 9 of 20
ThomasJNewton
Frequent Contributor

@MarkintheHV wrote:

Most people do not understand how this works at all, so would not ever know what to do.

Her issue does not seem to be her own problem, but wanting to make sure others know what is happening.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.