Did you mean: 

Six Free Equifax Reports Per Year Through 2026

tag
thornback
Senior Contributor

Six Free Equifax Reports Per Year Through 2026

Hey Y'all..

Just came across this on the FTC.gov site while looking for something else:

"UPDATE: Starting in 2020, everyone in the U.S. can get 6 free credit reports per year through 2026 by visiting the Equifax website or by calling 1-866-349-5191. That’s in addition to the one free Equifax report (plus your Experian and TransUnion reports) you can get at AnnualCreditReport.com."

Here's the link to the FTC page... 

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0155-free-credit-reports

I was unaware of this update so figured I'd share.  

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
18 REPLIES 18
PicoFico
Frequent Contributor

Re: Six Free Equifax Reports Per Year Through 2026

@thornback wrote:

Hey Y'all..

Just came across this on the FTC.gov site while looking for something else:

"UPDATE: Starting in 2020, everyone in the U.S. can get 6 free credit reports per year through 2026 by visiting the Equifax website or by calling 1-866-349-5191. That’s in addition to the one free Equifax report (plus your Experian and TransUnion reports) you can get at AnnualCreditReport.com."

Here's the link to the FTC page... 

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0155-free-credit-reports

I was unaware of this update so figured I'd share.  

Thank you!

You have to register with a myEquifax account. I just grabbed one for giggles to see how the process was (quick and painless for me). 

It's a webview (not a PDF) and on mobile it wasn't really any better than CK unless you force your browser to desktop version. Also, it's willing to give you a score but it's using VS 3.0? 

Seems like they slapped something together to fulfill a punishment for the breach, but it did show soft pulls at least.

Maybe someone else can shed some light on the beauty of it and what I'm missing 😏

Rebuild start: 5/15/19

Financial Institutions:
Wells Fargo | NFCU | Penfed
Products:
Discover It CB $2.1k | WF Propel $22.5k | PenFed PCR $20k | NFCU Platinum $10k | NFCU More Rewards $25k | NFCU Flagship $30k | NFCU CLOC $500 | NFCU SSL 60mo | NFCU Auto loan

Message 2 of 19
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Thank you for the tip!

Message 3 of 19
thornback
Senior Contributor

@PicoFico wrote:

Thank you!

You have to register with a myEquifax account. I just grabbed one for giggles to see how the process was (quick and painless for me). 

It's a webview (not a PDF) and on mobile it wasn't really any better than CK unless you force your browser to desktop version. Also, it's willing to give you a score but it's using VS 3.0? 

Seems like they slapped something together to fulfill a punishment for the breach, but it did show soft pulls at least.

Maybe someone else can shed some light on the beauty of it and what I'm missing 😏

Ah... it figures, Equifax never fails to disappoint.   I didn't bother to pull it myself... so thanks for being the guinea pig!

The score they give is likely not even VS3 -- it's probably their proprietary EQ Score which is even more useless (they offer it with paid membership - I had it free for a year after the breach).   I wonder if you call if you can request the report be mailed to you instead of a webview; if so, it should be a the same full report you'd get from annualcreditreport.com.

2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 4 of 19
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@PicoFico wrote:

That's some weak sauce if that's true 😐

Message 5 of 19
blindambition
Senior Contributor

I believe the free reports for 10 years will be FICO. That's if you opted for that under breach settlement. Who knows when that will start though.

Message 6 of 19
PicoFico
Frequent Contributor

@thornback wrote:

@PicoFico wrote:

Thank you!

Ah... it figures, Equifax never fails to disappoint.   I didn't bother to pull it myself... so thanks for being the guinea pig!

The score they give is likely not even VS3 -- it's probably their proprietary EQ Score which is even more useless (they offer it with paid membership - I had it free for a year after the breach).   I wonder if you call if you can request the report be mailed to you instead of a webview; if so, it should be a the same full report you'd get from annualcreditreport.com.

So looking again, it seems the score offer is attached to the myEquifax account and not on the actual report. Furthermore, I couldn't find a score on the report anywhere...

As for the forcing to desktop on mobile... There is a left side menu I missed that will take you through all of it as though you were desktop (so not necessary).

Screenshot_20200223-215818.png

Financial Institutions:
Products:
Discover It CB $2.1k | WF Propel $22.5k | PenFed PCR $20k | NFCU Platinum $10k | NFCU More Rewards $25k | NFCU Flagship $30k | NFCU CLOC $500 | NFCU SSL 60mo | NFCU Auto loan

Message 7 of 19
thornback
Senior Contributor

@PicoFico wrote:

So looking again, it seems the score offer is attached to the myEquifax account and not on the actual report. Furthermore, I couldn't find a score on the report anywhere...

As for the forcing to desktop on mobile... There is a left side menu I missed that will take you through all of it as though you were desktop (so not necessary).

Screenshot_20200223-215818.png

So definately a Vantage3.   Idiotic.

Thanks again!

2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
Garden Status:  

Message 8 of 19
PicoFico
Frequent Contributor

My pain is your pleasure! 🤣

Financial Institutions:
Products:

Message 9 of 19
thornback
Senior Contributor

@PicoFico wrote:

My pain is your pleasure! 🤣

Smiley Very Happy Smiley Wink

2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
Garden Status:  

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.