cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming Services New Trend in Credit Card Rewards

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Frequent Contributor

Streaming Services New Trend in Credit Card Rewards

Forget gas and groceries—streaming services are the new trend in credit card rewards - Marketwatch.com link


AU




Starting Score: 651
Current Score: 684
Goal Score: 751

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Valued Contributor

Re: Streaming Services New Trend in Credit Card Rewards

It's about time honestly, I've had both Hulu and Netflix far longer than since 2017. It's just recently that more companies have hopped that bandwagon. I tend to think most young people these days don't pay traditional Cable/Satellite, and opt for a more portable option. 

So it only makes sense to start targeting this category. As I've said before far too many CC have the same exact categories, making certain ones redundant for some people. I don't consume very much gas at all, and dining typically goes on one card to maximize rewards. Same for grocery. So it would be nice to have a broader selection to choose from, instead of it constantly being gas, grocery and dining. 

 

I've already began to see a nice return on my BCP streaming category.

Message 2 of 9
Regular Contributor

Re: Streaming Services New Trend in Credit Card Rewards

Wouldn’t a Savor card work for streaming? Is it considered entertainment?
Message 3 of 9
Super Contributor

Re: Streaming Services New Trend in Credit Card Rewards


@iMacGuy wrote:
Wouldn’t a Savor card work for streaming? Is it considered entertainment?

Savor entertainment is only entertainment that is out of the house, it doesn’t cover any streaming services or cable or anything like that. 


Scores 1/2019:
Scores 9/2019:

Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards: Does it look like I really need any more cards? My goal is to garden until 2/2020.
Message 4 of 9
Community Leader
Valued Contributor

Re: Streaming Services New Trend in Credit Card Rewards

I’m not a fan of this rewards category to be honest. I would so prefer gas and groceries lol. You know what would be cool? A card that gives you a high cashback reward for professional fees such as licenses, continuing ed, and the like. 

Discover It: 19.7k
Amex BCE: 18k
Citi DC: 5.7k
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once you go Berner, you never go back.
Message 5 of 9
Frequent Contributor

Re: Streaming Services New Trend in Credit Card Rewards

 


@Saeren wrote:

@iMacGuy wrote:
Wouldn’t a Savor card work for streaming? Is it considered entertainment?

Savor entertainment is only entertainment that is out of the house, it doesn’t cover any streaming services or cable or anything like that. 


Still looks like a decent card but, boo!


AU




Starting Score: 651
Current Score: 684
Goal Score: 751

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 9
Regular Contributor

Re: Streaming Services New Trend in Credit Card Rewards

@SEAlifer thanks. I did try iTunes and it works as entertainment but that could have changed. Now I use Apple Card for most things Apple.
Message 7 of 9
Super Contributor

Re: Streaming Services New Trend in Credit Card Rewards


@SEAlifer wrote:

 


@Saeren wrote:

@iMacGuy wrote:
Wouldn’t a Savor card work for streaming? Is it considered entertainment?

Savor entertainment is only entertainment that is out of the house, it doesn’t cover any streaming services or cable or anything like that. 


Still looks like a decent card but, boo!


It’s meant to be the card that people turn to when they’re out on the town - food, bars, movies, events, and groceries on the way home. This card would have been perfect for me when I was in my twenties. I only came home to sleep, I ate out for every meal (literally never cooked anything), I was always at a bar or club the rest of the time. 


Scores 1/2019:
Scores 9/2019:

Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards: Does it look like I really need any more cards? My goal is to garden until 2/2020.
Message 8 of 9
Valued Contributor

Re: Streaming Services New Trend in Credit Card Rewards


@pinkandgrey wrote:

I’m not a fan of this rewards category to be honest. I would so prefer gas and groceries lol. You know what would be cool? A card that gives you a high cashback reward for professional fees such as licenses, continuing ed, and the like. 


The problem the the MCC code though right? This is possibly why they've yet to stray out of the typical 3 categories until now. After all it's already hit or miss on whether the establishemnt will code correctly.  What would professional fees fall under?

 

At least the BCP now has a transit category.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.