Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync and verizon teaming up for new CC

tag
Andypanda
Established Contributor

Sync and verizon teaming up for new CC

https://www.verizon.com/about/news/verizon-partnership-synchrony

depending on the rewards structure. I might eventually get it so i can switch my cash+ card  from cell to internet and tv.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sync and verizon teaming up for new CC

Great catch! We are learning early and that the card may be available during the first half of 2020 to the loyal Verizon Customers.
Message 2 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Hmmm, very interesting. I'm wondering when they'd potentially launch the new CC? 🤔
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guess they're desperate to fill that Walmart gap?

Message 4 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@FinStar wrote:
Hmmm, very interesting. I'm wondering when they'd potentially launch the new CC? 🤔

Errybody body gets a card!

I don't know, there's been 5X UR easily had for a while on Verizon and 5% cash back exists in a few places for it.  I somehow doubt there's going to be a great rewards structure, guessing 2.5-3% at best.

        
Message 5 of 9
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

@Andypanda wrote:

depending on the rewards structure. I might eventually get it so i can switch my cash+ card  from cell to internet and tv.

Thanks for the info!  I signed up through Verizon to receive a notice when it becomes available.  I doubt it will offer great rewards that would sway me into an app, but we'll see when it releases.

Just curious, are you on a plan that doesn't give a discount for the auto-pay?  Our plan gives us a $40 discount for auto-pay as long as its with a checking/savings or debit card, and the discount is is far more substantial than what our Cash+ at 5% returns.  There used to be a way to get around the checking/savings/debit requirement, but they shut it down last Summer.  Maybe they have relaxed the requirement lately, not sure though.

Message 6 of 9
Andypanda
Established Contributor

@Duke_Nukem wrote:

@Andypanda wrote:

Thanks for the info!  I signed up through Verizon to receive a notice when it becomes available.  I doubt it will offer great rewards that would sway me into an app, but we'll see when it releases.

Just curious, are you on a plan that doesn't give a discount for the auto-pay?  Our plan gives us a $40 discount for auto-pay as long as its with a checking/savings or debit card, and the discount is is far more substantial than what our Cash+ at 5% returns.  There used to be a way to get around the checking/savings/debit requirement, but they shut it down last Summer.  Maybe they have relaxed the requirement lately, not sure though.

My plan does not qualify for the auto pay discount. Most of the plans the qualify are the unlimited plans or prepaid plans. which I do not have.

Message 7 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

New FoTm?

Message 8 of 9
Andypanda
Established Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

New FoTm?

Depends on the rewards, and only for those tgat have Verizon.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.