Did you mean: 

Synchrony Bank woes

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Synchrony Bank woes

@Anonymous wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I smell AAcoming and no more big cli, hang tight gonna be a bumpy rideSmiley Happy

Hmmmm. I wonder how long Synchrony knew this was coming. This might just be another reason I was turned down on that CLI attempt last month - I had been originally advised to ask for $10k, but got cold feet and trimmed it down to $6k and still got shot down. With this news, things become clearer. And more generally, as I've said ad nauseam, all this news explains why lenders are getting antsy and cracking down on users with too-big CL's, not enough use on their lines, or other question marks on their records.

Probably a while; I knew something was up back in December looking at my Lending Club data (where I have always been lending to high risk customers) where I had a marked rise in charge offs to the point I started to unwind the whole investment and probably lost what gains I'd made over the years unfortunately.  

Oh well, play with risky alternative investments, it happens haha.  Wish I had put 2 and 2 together and realized this was likely not only my own subprime portfolio based on my using automated investing rather than being more selective, but rather a more common trend across the market.  Ah well, lost opportunity to make money heh.

        
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I smell AAcoming and no more big cli, hang tight gonna be a bumpy rideSmiley Happy

Hmmmm. I wonder how long Synchrony knew this was coming. This might just be another reason I was turned down on that CLI attempt last month - I had been originally advised to ask for $10k, but got cold feet and trimmed it down to $6k and still got shot down. With this news, things become clearer. And more generally, as I've said ad nauseam, all this news explains why lenders are getting antsy and cracking down on users with too-big CL's, not enough use on their lines, or other question marks on their records.

Probably a while; I knew something was up back in December looking at my Lending Club data (where I have always been lending to high risk customers) where I had a marked rise in charge offs to the point I started to unwind the whole investment and probably lost what gains I'd made over the years unfortunately.  

Oh well, play with risky alternative investments, it happens haha.  Wish I had put 2 and 2 together and realized this was likely not only my own subprime portfolio based on my using automated investing rather than being more selective, but rather a more common trend across the market.  Ah well, lost opportunity to make money heh.

Time to get you into precious metals and utilities. There is money to be made but you have to stay alert to market conditions on the metals. Utilities will give you that old age stability (like using a walker or cane). Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 13
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Time to get you into precious metals and utilities. There is money to be made but you have to stay alert to market conditions on the metals. Utilities will give you that old age stability (like using a walker or cane). Smiley Happy

Hah think I'd rather go beat my head against the wall while drinking cheap scotch while forex swing trading Cat Tongue

Easy come easy go!

        
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.